• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DREAMLAND BBQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  198
  • Days Won:  0

So what do we do when we get to Dreamland? Tell the hostess we are with ECU eats it and head back to the reserved room?

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Just a guess, but when you show up wearing the colors, they'll know.

Here's an idea. A few years back at an away game for the Bucs we took over a place in Atlanta. Every time some one new walked in we started the TAMPA - BAY chant.

So every time a BULL fan walks in we should start  U-S-F, U-S-F!

Makes everyone feel right at home.

GO BULLS!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

TabascoBull, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you probably like spicy food.  I love that macaroni at First Choice.

I'm going to try to scope out the other BBQ joints in B'ham.  I'll bet there are several places that will put Dreamland to shame.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358

TabascoBull, I'm going to take a wild guess and say you probably like spicy food.  I love that macaroni at First Choice.

I'm going to try to scope out the other BBQ joints in B'ham.  I'll bet there are several places that will put Dreamland to shame.

It's in my blood!tabasco_peppersauce.gif

Looking forward to seeing your Bham BBQ review.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  1

The Dreamland in Tuscaloosa is the true experience. There's nothing like eating sloppy BBQ in a friggin' wood shack.  "Ya'll want to try 'tater salad with that? It don't cost nothin' extra." :D

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

I went to Dreamland last year at the UCF @ UAB game.  It was really good.  When you sit down they serve you a plate stacked high with white bread - not garlic, not toasted (ala sonnys) just white bread with a small bowl of warm BBQ sauce.   It's definitely authentic.  Everything on the menu is a la carte.  I recommend the banana pudding dessert.

That's amazing that a UCF fan really called in to reserve it.  Probably Sir Gallahad or something.  It's pretty funny at first, but its really not cool to do to the restaurant who would be losing out on the business while you guys ate somewhere else.

Also - Mellow Mushroom at 5 points is a cool place to eat and drink some German beers.  We have one in Orlando now, not sure if you do in Tampa - but if you don't - definitely take some time to grab dinner or late night drinks there.

Finally - being in places like those in Birmingham lets you appreciate what we have at UCF and USF as far as community support.  We aren't "there" yet-  but man, you wouldn't even know UAB had a sports program by looking at the walls decked out with Auburn and Alabama stuff and nothing for UAB.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358

Also - Mellow Mushroom at 5 points is a cool place to eat and drink some German beers.  We have one in Orlando now, not sure if you do in Tampa - but if you don't - definitely take some time to grab dinner or late night drinks there.

There are at least 2 in the Tampa area.  Great pizza, but for some reason it takes forever to bake.  Good beer selection too.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

FYI, Dreamland management informs me that there are only 70 or so spaces for people in the back room (not 150 as previously reported), and 45 of those are already spoken for.

If you're in B'Ham and want to join us at Dreamland Fri. Night at 6:00 for a Bulls BBQ, send me a PM or go post your RSVP to the Dreamland thread on the Travelling Board.

Matt