• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DREAMLAND BBQ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Pleas PM ECU Eats It and let him know your going to meet up at Dreamland for a meet-n-greet. He has set it up for 6:00 pm.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Sorry, I have to post this here, even though it should go on the smack board.

I just got off the phone with Dreamland to reserve their back room for USF Fans (6:00 PM on 12/22... PM me if you want to attend!).  

Anyway, the manager asked me who this was for, and I said "USF fans"... he laughed and said "Ok, I just wanted to make sure that it wasn't another Central Florida fan trying to reserve the room so you couldn't get it!"

Apparently, a UCF person called them and asked to reserve the room for that night...

:-X

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Hahah...I can't blame them...they've got nothing better to do this time of year.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

You guys really like Dreamland that much?  I live only a short distance from one where I live now, and I rarely go.  Mostly only when people come to visit and have heard about the famed Dreamland BBQ.

Their meat is highly overrated and quite pricey, in my opinion.

The best part of the whole experience is the sauce, and dipping the white bread in that sauce.

But obviously you guys enjoy it, so have fun and don't spend too much!

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Wanted to follow up that last post with a declaration that First Choice Barbecue in Brandon is the best I have ever eaten anywhere.  I've had lots of good barbecue all over the country, and their meat & their totally awesome sides (spicy macaroni salad, beans, etc.) blow everything out of the water.

I miss that place!  You guys don't have to drive to Birmingham for outstanding BBQ.  First Choice is better than Dreamland.

Wanted to follow up that last post with a declaration that First Choice Barbecue in Brandon is the best I have ever eaten anywhere.  I've had lots of good barbecue all over the country, and their meat & their totally awesome sides (spicy macaroni salad, beans, etc.) blow everything out of the water.

I miss that place!  You guys don't have to drive to Birmingham for outstanding BBQ.  First Choice is better than Dreamland.

Funny... I've not eaten Dreamland... but I am not a big fan of First Choice...

It's all a matter of taste, I guess.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

I will tolerate a lot of things on these boards, but not anything disparaging Dreamland. It's my favorite BBQ joint on earth. I'll go there more than once while I'm in town.

greg

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I will tolerate a lot of things on these boards, but not anything disparaging Dreamland. It's my favorite BBQ joint on earth. I'll go there more than once while I'm in town.

greg

;D

Well, as Jim says, it's all a matter of taste.  Not saying Dreamland is bad, just a wee bit overrated in my book.

First Choice is almost worth driving the 11 hours I am from Brandon.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358
  • Days Won:  0

First Choice is by far the best BBQ in the Tampa area.  Definitely get the macaroni salad if you like spicy foods!

First Choice is by far the best BBQ in the Tampa area.  Definitely get the macaroni salad if you like spicy foods!

What if you don't like macaroni salad??  ;-)  ;D  :D