• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Here are some interesting numbers...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Yes...as evidence by USF having less than 4,800 students showing up on average to watch an 8-4 BCS Bowl Team that plays in one finest state of the art stadiums in the country this year.

[smiley=link.gif] ........  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I say ECU and USM because they have a good history especially USM of having a winning record.  We got stuck playing UCF and it would be fine except this year they stunk it up and then it hurts our SOS.  A 1-1 is fine with these teams and fits our plan of playing 2 BCS,2 Non BCS and 1 DIIA.    We actually have a plan and it isn't so much a "we are superior" as it is "this is our goal".  When playing the two Non BCS teams you want them to have winning records and even be their conference champs if possible and that is why UCF has been such a dissapointment.  Three or four years ago if you looked at ECU there is no way we would want to schedule them but now you would.  That is what makes scheduling so tough and why USM is such a good team to play.  They win consistently and now it looks like ECU may be back there again.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

I say ECU and USM because they have a good history especially USM of having a winning record.  We got stuck playing UCF and it would be fine except this year they stunk it up and then it hurts our SOS.  A 1-1 is fine with these teams and fits our plan of playing 2 BCS,2 Non BCS and 1 DIIA.    We actually have a plan and it isn't so much a "we are superior" as it is "this is our goal".  When playing the two Non BCS teams you want them to have winning records and even be their conference champs if possible and that is why UCF has been such a dissapointment.  Three or four years ago if you looked at ECU there is no way we would want to schedule them but now you would.  That is what makes scheduling so tough and why USM is such a good team to play.  They win consistently and now it looks like ECU may be back there again.

Scheduling is not that hard....You must look out at least 5 to 6years...You must play at home someone that will generate interest for your fans outside of your conference play...In a nutshell...INSTATE RIVALS...and not UCF.....USF may have to swallow their pride and do what ECU did years ago to generate instate wars with UNC and NCSU...USF might need to work  deals with UF,FSUand UM...you may have to take a 2 for 1 deal...but you will get your fans used to travel for big games....The media will eat it up...and you will have the opportunity to totally sell out for a home game...your alums will talk about the series nonstop...Money will roll in..No USF fan could tell me that they wouldnt love to get a shot at any of the so called FLA elite...at home. 8-)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

Scheduling is not that hard....You must look out at least 5 to 6years...You must play at home someone that will generate interest for your fans outside of your conference play...In a nutshell...INSTATE RIVALS...and not UCF.....USF may have to swallow their pride and do what ECU did years ago to generate instate wars with UNC and NCSU...USF might need to work  deals with UF,FSUand UM...you may have to take a 2 for 1 deal...but you will get your fans used to travel for big games....The media will eat it up...and you will have the opportunity to totally sell out for a home game...your alums will talk about the series nonstop...Money will roll in..No USF fan could tell me that they wouldnt love to get a shot at any of the so called FLA elite...at home. 8-)

Scheduling is much easier as a BCS school.... sorry-- you wouldn't know anything bout that now would you.

This bold part shows what you know about anything USF (squat). We already have standing deal with Miami in place for home and home games. We also have an arrangement to play at UF. Our schedule is none of your concern. Go back to sewing the holes in your purple tights

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Yes...as evidence by USF having less than 4,800 students showing up on average to watch an 8-4 BCS Bowl Team that plays in one finest state of the art stadiums in the country this year.

[smiley=link.gif] ........  

Ooops...sorry.

Here it is: USF Student Attendance link

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/comments/where-are-the-students/

That wasn't the link I asked for, you simp. We all know the student attendance. You conveniently left out the first part of that post. Where's the link for your "Yes" answer to HB's question?:

Did that "famous study" also conclude that 10's of thousands of more students would attend a football game at an OCS rather than those played in one of the finest state of the art football stadiums in the country just a few miles away?

I don't expect a response .... as usual ....  [smiley=loser.gif]

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

tom veit did an ave job hope the next guy comes in (now with more resources ) and really get innovative both with the community, military, highschools, different counties, hotels and usf students

all six games should have at least one MAJOR promotion and several minor promotions to boost attendance.

we should also not have all three top games u, wvu and ucf in the same year

ul /ucf alternate with wvu/famu from one year to the next then we need to keep looking for occ teams that will bring fans and get our fans out.

i would expect us to be pushing 50K ave in 5 years

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

Scheduling is much easier as a BCS school.... sorry-- you wouldn't know anything bout that now would you.

This bold part shows what you know about anything USF (squat). We already have standing deal with Miami in place for home and home games. We also have an arrangement to play at UF. Our schedule is none of your concern. Go back to sewing the holes in your purple tights

You have put me in my place...I should have  know about your games with your instate schools...Thats great..

USF is doing it right......I meant no disrespect...Im sorry you did....good luck in BMH