• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU has sold a lil less than 4,000 tickets

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I think he is referring to ECU.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

the one time we witnessed ECU traveling to Raymond James, the results were lukewarm at best. Granted this was in 2004 and they were in the end/middle of some pretty lousy years. But the point is they shouldn't be casting doubts on USf and how traveled up to their stadium. We had more people than this.

1009226an3.jpg

Thanks Mike for putting up another of your fine pictures.  This tells the real truth about the how many fans they really travel with.  The only thing is I do not see the guy who punched Rocky. :D

Guest r_to_the_izzo
correction... the ticket sells is nearing 5,000. The main ticket buyers just got their forms through the mail Monday. Most think 7,000 will be reached before next week. Hard to sell a Dec. 23 game 650 miles away, but I don't think we'll reach 10,000.......

Much more realistic than the "100,000" some Eastern Carolina fans made it seem they were bringing.

correction... the ticket sells is nearing 5,000. The main ticket buyers just got their forms through the mail Monday. Most think 7,000 will be reached before next week. Hard to sell a Dec. 23 game 650 miles away, but I don't think we'll reach 10,000.......

Much more realistic than the "100,000" some Eastern Carolina fans made it seem they were bringing.

True.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  64
  • Days Won:  0

Heh, a little bit of an exaggeration.  I honestly thought we'd have no problem selling the 10k.  I'm very disappointed how slow sales are going.  Our first bowl game in 5 years.  We have close to 1,000 that are "donated" tickets, which are fans that can't go but bought tickets to give to the students.  I guess the date so close to Christmas hurts many folks.  I think it's a great date.  I have the entire week off before and after the game and I'll be home by noon on Christmas Eve.  I sure hope it picks up for both schools.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Heh, a little bit of an exaggeration.  I honestly thought we'd have no problem selling the 10k.  I'm very disappointed how slow sales are going.  Our first bowl game in 5 years.  We have close to 1,000 that are "donated" tickets, which are fans that can't go but bought tickets to give to the students.  I guess the date so close to Christmas hurts many folks.  I think it's a great date.  I have the entire week off before and after the game and I'll be home by noon on Christmas Eve.  I sure hope it picks up for both schools.

JP, do you think 1000 students will make the trip to B'Ham?  Just curious... I'm sure many planned on being home with their family for the holidays.

JP, do you think 1000 students will make the trip to B'Ham?  Just curious... I'm sure many planned on being home with their family for the holidays.

No, I don't.  We have a marketing iniative that any Pirate Club members that can't make the game that they at least buy and donate several tickets to make our numbers look better.  We don't want to have to send any tickets back unsold.  It basically means that any student who wants a ticket will be able to get one.  But in reality, it's a donation to ECU and a tax write-off.  I only needed 2 but bought 3 so I would have room to spread out and help the number a bit.

No, I don't.  We have a marketing iniative that any Pirate Club members that can't make the game that they at least buy and donate several tickets to make our numbers look better.  We don't want to have to send any tickets back unsold.  It basically means that any student who wants a ticket will be able to get one.  But in reality, it's a donation to ECU and a tax write-off.  I only needed 2 but bought 3 so I would have room to spread out and help the number a bit.

See, against most any other opponent I might have empathy. Unfortunately, with all of the talk about how USF has no fans a less than stellar showing would be funny.

See, against most any other opponent I might have empathy. Unfortunately, with all of the talk about how USF has no fans a less than stellar showing would be funny.

I'm not happy with how sales are going we'll still outnumber you 2 to 1 minimum.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

does not matter how many we have b/c we will be louder...just ask the 50,000 NC State fans about us