• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Alumni Association

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

... (If you shut your wallet, shut your mouth).

[smiley=GoBulls.gif]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

maybe if the alumni association put together some better benefits other then a discount at the book store, bulls outfitters, etc....

how about some ticket packages, or discount on individual game tickets, etc

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

maybe if the alumni association put together some better benefits other then a discount at the book store, bulls outfitters, etc....

how about some ticket packages, or discount on individual game tickets, etc

How about alumni just paying the $40/year and getting the benefits they receive now.  What does everyone want for $40.  Just give and know that you are helping out the university that helped you get an education.  Then you will also be updated on alumni events and can show up to meetings and give your input as to what you would like changed.  

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

because that is not a very good selling point to 90% of our alumni.

if you are on this site then you are preaching to the choir.

i am in the Alumni Associaiton so back down....

im just saying..if you want more, you need to offer more

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

i am in the Alumni Associaiton so back down....

sorry, I get very defensive on this issue.  Plus, I really don't see what people want for $40.  If we gave stuff for the $40, their would be no money for the association.  

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

I seriously DOUBT that people are not paying $40 for wanting better benefits.

They simply are not joining/paying because they don't have the love or just are not aware and need to be notified.

These posts by Bausfkid are refreshing and a great reminder.

We see that this site gets lots of new visitors.

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  295

It amazes me that people only look at things and need to ask WIIFM..(whats in it for me)...I find it funny that the Alumni members get a discount at things like the book store and other places and yet the student has to pay full price..whats wrong with that picture...

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

It amazes me that people only look at things and need to ask WIIFM..(whats in it for me)...I find it funny that the Alumni members get a discount at things like the book store and other places and yet the student has to pay full price..whats wrong with that picture...

Nothing.  Chances are, it is daddy and mommy's money that the student is spending anyway.  I just read an article (USF Magazine?) that shows that the average college student spends much more on alchohol than on school books.  There are not many poor college students.  There are many who don't live the lifestyle they judge that they are entitled to.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

The whole return on your money thing was something we talked about when I was on the Board of Directors.  There are many reasons IMHO there are not more people giving.  Some schools roll the Alumni and Athletics together, some don't.  Some folks see a better return having a BULLS license plate on their car instead of an Alumni membership.  

The biggest thing for me is getting Alumni to reconnect with the school, sometime football does this, sometimes seeing another person with Bulls gear on does this. . . . and someday, sending letters out to the Alums in your area does this.  Memberships are great, but if you want to see some differences, some improvement, people need to donate what works best - THE TIME THEY VOLUNTEER.

It is a big investment, to me, my time is more important then my money, but I still give it.  And oh yeah . .  Me and Mrs. Kdawgy are fully paid life members as of this month.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

It's funny that because of my life membership and my efforts working with the USF Alumni Association (Board of Directors & President of the Philadelphia/S. Jersey Chapter) and my Bulls Club membership I have lots of WIIFM.  One example, my phone rang 20 minutes after the bowl game announcement and there were tickets, a hotel room, help w/air, etc. at my disposal.  Don't get me wrong, I pay for all of these myself.  That said, it's turn-key for me.  I never look at my giving to my OUTSTANDING university who gave me a great education and great friends as a WIIFM approach.

If that is anyones approach for any organization you give time or money to it says a lot about ones person.

In order to be considered a top university we need more than 14K members vs. 205K alumni worldwide.

Go Bulls!