• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some truth to this SI.com comment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/stewart_mandel/12/05/bowl.rankings/2.html

28) PapaJohns.com (Dec. 23): South Florida (8-4) vs. East Carolina (7-5). USF remains the one BCS-conference team people refuse to acknowledge is a BCS-conference team -- even after the Bulls beat Louisville and West Virginia.

What will it take to get respect?  A bowl victory?  A BIG EAST championship?  A winning road record next year?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

D. all of the above

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

An on campus stadium built in the shape of the Iconic Bull.

shootersmiley.gif

Interesting concept--it's really little more than a modified horseshoe... that would be BADA$$!

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

shootersmiley.gif

Interesting concept--it's really little more than a modified horseshoe... that would be BADA$$!

Can't do it because the "U" is askew, not square.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

To answer the question... it will take more USF students/alumni standing up for their team, wearing USF attire, and talking USF sports at work/church/school/etc.  The problem is not the product on the field; it is that no one has heard of us.  

I talk a lot about USF Football at work and until this year no one really gave USF much credit.  After the win over Pitt then the win over WV, my colleagues (FSU, UF, GT, etc graduates) realize that USF has a serious football team.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

To answer the question... it will take more USF students/alumni standing up for their team, wearing USF attire, and talking USF sports at work/church/school/etc.  The problem is not the product on the field; it is that no one has heard of us.  

I talk a lot about USF Football at work and until this year no one really gave USF much credit.  After the win over Pitt then the win over WV, my colleagues (FSU, UF, GT, etc graduates) realize that USF has a serious football team.

Agreed. My office here boasts alumni from Penn State, Ohio State, UVA, Iowa, Clemson, NCState.. it's taken alot of loud proud bull-thumping (and our teams play) for folks to realize this Bull wasn't going away. :-)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

shootersmiley.gif

Can't do it because the "U" is askew, not square.

They also said the world was flat!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Sorry, but I think just the opposite. The only way we will be heard of or gain respect IS on the field. The L'ville and WVU wins are steps towards that. Talking up USF is great but the play on the field is what will define us.

Well, they're ya go. Proof of what I just said.   ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf needs to finish higher than 5th in big east and compete for a title like rutgers did this year