• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ECU/USF matchup...not good for either school

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

All the WV fans,coaches & players will be watching still wondering what happened to them when they played us.  Notice Rodriguez still hasn't given USF any credit for playing a good game.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Any bowl game for us is great!  If we win, it's even better!  9-4 with a bowl win in our second Big East season would be phenomenal.  As long as we win, we'll probably start next season in the Top 25.  Incredible for a school with our football youth.

Be happy!   :D

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Unless terrorists hold the stadium hostage....NOBODY will watch the game but USF/ECU fans.  ECU has been to more bowls and has been on TV more than USF....But still is considered an also-ran bridesmaid nationally. Although USF is certainly the fastest growing successful program in D1....Nationally...Almost nobody knows dittle about the school or could even care...Only the big 3 in Fla really matter.  

I hope personally that USF goes north and PITT comes to Birm. to play ECU...simply because it would be a better shot at national exposure than our potential matchup....and yes...I think the PITT would be easier to defeat.  No disrespect to the USF program intended by my comments....I think USF is a fine school and great team and deserves to be in the Big East...You guys owned us in 2 3/4 games and my hat is off to you....I would love to have another shot at USF in some reg. season games...but this matchup does the Pirates very little good.    If I get my wish....You guys need to cash in some airline miles and still nobody will watch you play.....good Luck

It's just amusing how you try to put down our program and then try and say that you mean no disrespect.

ECU has been on TV more than USF? The only game I saw where ECU was on TV this year was against WVU. With the new Big East tv deal taking affect in 2007 you can expect USF to get more exposure than the ESPN networks have given us already.

Nobody knows anything about us or could even care? Hmmmm, I seem to recall some big win about a week ago that gave USF major press and will certainly help our program in recruiting.

You're right, the Big 3 in Florida are all that matter. The question to ponder is would you bump FSU or Miami from the Big 3 this season? USF is clearly the #2 team in the state this season and is on the way up. The same cannot be said for FSU and Miami.

You guys had a good year and it will be a good game in Birmingham.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

If I were the AD at ECU I would be salivating over a potential matchup with USF. If you guys truley believe you belong in the BE, what better shot to proove you should be in it than by playing the team that got picked over you???

That t.v comment is retarded by the way. If you mean in history, how many more years have you been around than us 65? And if your talking this year...lets see, oh no way all the ECU games will get broadcasted into the homes of the 1,000 or so ECU fans that have a T.V, you must be a national name!

Just like I tell the Knights, your in the 9th "best" conference out of 11. You guys being over .500 is about as much as an accomplishment as graduating from 5th grade is. But, I guess for you guys thats a huge deal.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,785
  • Days Won:  3

Two sides to the coin:

1. Any bowl game is better than no bowl game. While the remainder of the IA

schools have turned in their equipment and playbooks, bowl teams squeeze

in a few extra weeks of practice. Also, it's an event for the players. Granted,

not all bowls are equal, but they still get the enjoyment of post season play,

something not all of their peers will experience. And, as there is inequality in

bowls, that does carry over to TV concern. Like last year's Car Care Bowl, I

doubt the TV audience was much outside of Raleigh & Tampa. Just being honest,

average NCSU against average USF isn't going to get the folks in San Deigo

out of bed early to take it all in.

2. With as much disresepct as can possibly be expressed: no ones nipples are

getting hard at thought of squaring off against 0-3 ECU. There's no such thing

as 2-3/4 games. It's either two (0-2) or three (0-3).  And I'm betting that

by Christmas Eve we'll be staring at 0-4 lifetime series. As pointed out previously,

you're not the desired date, but since you actually have a pulse, you'll do for now.

And, since we've already beat Pitt...by playing us you get a much better opponent.

fair 'nuff ?  8-)

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104

I dont know why any of you would be upset with me about my post....I couldnt have been more complimentary of your football program and its success....Im sorry you guys are so full of yourselves that you cant take praise....Im at a loss for words....I wont be posting on this site again..Thanks

Guest r_to_the_izzo
I dont know why any of you would be upset with me about my post....I couldnt have been more complimentary of your football program and its success....Im sorry you guys are so full of yourselves that you cant take praise....Im at a loss for words....I wont be posting on this site again..Thanks

Those were some of the most backhanded compliments ever given. Sorry we won't be seeing you around here anymore.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Well...

You said this, "No disrespect to the USF program intended by my comments...." so you must have known that you said something wrong that we would take as disrespecful.  Think before you write.