• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Situation Figured Out-Please Confirm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  214
  • Days Won:  0

How come wisconsin at 1 loss get no consideration for bcs?  I would think they too could sneak in?

BCS rules state that no more than 2 teams from 1 conference may advance to BCS bowl games.  Ohio St and Michigan are assured of those 2 spots in the Big 10, leaving Wisconsin headed to the Capital One Bowl in Orlando.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  46

Wisconsin gets no consideration for a BCS because they finished 3rd in the Big Ten.  Conferences are only allowed two BCS spots max.

On a side note, it was great to see USF play the way they did today.  Proud to be a BULL after today's big victory - wish I was in Morgantown.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Jim what do your percentages say? My guess?

B-Ham 70%

Texas 25%

Toronto 5%

Jim what do your percentages say? My guess?

B-Ham 70%

Texas 25%

Toronto 5%

Probably accurate.

I think WVU beats Rutgers, so U of L wins the Big East.

WVU would go to the Gator Bowl, for a match up against Virginia Tech.

Rutgers would go to the Texas Bowl.

Then USF and Cincy go to Birmingham and Toronto respectively.

I would say, given the way Pittsburgh is losing right now, that the chances are...

Birmingham: 80%

Houston: 19+%

Toronto: <1%

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Quick bowl question for you FB guru's:  

Is the Texas Bowl honestly considered a "better" bowl than Papajohns.com Bowl? I understand that Texas will have an opponent from a better conference than C-USA, but I just can't get excited about USF's second bowl game ever (and hopefully FIRST bowl VICTORY ever) being broadcast only on the NFL network?!?!? Wouldn't it be better for our nationwide exposure (esp recruiting-wise in FL) to be shown nationally on an ESPN network? What are your thoughts on this?

(Of course, I'll be at the bowl game no matter where we end up, so I guess the point is merely academic.  ;)  I am curious what others think though.)

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

I could be wrong but I do not see how a bowl could choose a Cincy team over an 8-4 USF team which just beat WVU. As previously mentioned if there is any school we would out draw it would be Cincy. There would be no logic for either Texas or B'Ham to pick Cincy over us, but we do know that there is never logic to these bowl games anyway.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241

What about the Sun Bowl? Is Texas going there? I would think if texas doesnt go to the sun bowl WVU/Rutgers/Lou would be better for them than a team like Nebraska or A&M.

Bare with me im not 100% up on how these things are claimed.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  341

i would personally rather go to texas.....it's not two days before christmas first of all and the stadium in birmingham is really $hitty

What about the Sun Bowl? Is Texas going there? I would think if texas doesnt go to the sun bowl WVU/Rutgers/Lou would be better for them than a team like Nebraska or A&M.

Bare with me im not 100% up on how these things are claimed.

The Sun has the 4th choice of Big 12 teams.  Oklahoma will probably beat Nebaska to take the BCS slot.  Texas will go to the Cotton Bowl (2nd selection).  Nebraska will go to the Holiday Bowl (3rd selection).  Then Texas A&M will play in the Sun.

These are just my predictions, but I don't see Texas "falling" to the 4th place selection - especially since they beat Nebraska earlier this year.