• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mich still # 2 in the AP poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

i call BS

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot/news/AFN4050199.htm

Ohio State, Michigan remain 1-2 in AP poll

New York, NY (Sports Network) - The most anticipated college football game of the season changed nothing in the latest Associated Press Top 25 poll, as Ohio State and Michigan retained the top two spots for yet another week.

The Buckeyes (12-0) edged Michigan (11-1) 42-39 in "The Game" on Saturday afternoon to keep the top position for a 13th consecutive week.

The Wolverines apparently kept it close enough to stay in front of USC (9-1), which moved up a spot to No. 3 after besting Cal 23-9. Florida slipped to No. 4 despite pounding Western Carolina 62-0, while Arkansas stayed in the fifth position.

Notre Dame, West Virginia, Louisville, LSU and Wisconsin round out the top 10.

Texas remained in the No. 11 slot while surprise team Boise State (11-0) jumped up a spot after easily downing Utah State.

The Broncos were followed by Oklahoma, Auburn and Rutgers, which tumbled all the way from No. 7 to 15 after losing to Cincinnati 30-11. The Scarlet Knights were coming off a big upset win over Louisville, arguably the most significant victory in school history.

Georgia Tech, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Tennessee and Wake Forest complete the top 20.

BYU moved up two notches to the 21st position after easily handling New Mexico, while Cal fell to 22 following its loss to the Trojans.

Nebraska and Clemson came in at Nos. 23 and 24, respectively, while Hawaii cracked the poll in the final slot.

11/19 15:02:49 ET

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

Whatever keeps Florida out of one of those top two spots I'm all for ..........  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Florida would get crushed by Ohio State or Michigan

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

i agree...but don't want to see if it happen in the title game

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I agree and i still think OSU would beat everyone except michigan by atleast 2 tds in the title game.  The amount of talent OSU has on offense is pretty riudiculous their defense eventhough it lakes real star power is pretty solid and can get stops when they need to.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

AP Poll isn't used in the BCS standings.  So we could have another split Championship.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

How do you know?  Oh yeah, you don't.  All we know is that Ohio State beat Michigan in the game (for those teams) before the championship.  Why should the loser get to play again the very next game?  Anybody who even remotely favors a playoff should not want the two to play again.  Florida, SC, ND, or even Arkansas would be better choices in my opinion.

Personally, I think Florida / Ohio State would be a great game.  I also think the Gators would beat Michigan without much trouble.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

How do you know?  Oh yeah, you don't.  All we know is that Ohio State beat Michigan in the game (for those teams) before the championship.  Why should the loser get to play again the very next game?  Anybody who even remotely favors a playoff should not want the two to play again.  Florida, SC, ND, or even Arkansas would be better choices in my opinion.

Personally, I think Florida / Ohio State would be a great game.  I also think the Gators would beat Michigan without much trouble.

Lamar Woodley would eat Chris Leake's soul.  The front 7 for UM would dominate UF's o-line.  Not to mention the UF seconday hasnt seen a WR tandem like Manningham and Breason Yet, mix that in with Mike Hart and i think you have a blow out.  

Thats just against UM.  Bring in OSU and you have alot more trouble for the UF defesne as Ginn and Gonzalez are more consistant that Manningham and Breaston.  The two headed monster with Pittman and Wells is beastly aswell.  Also, if you werent impressed by Troy Smith this weekend i dont know what it takes to make you a believer.  OSU's defense would pose alot of problems for a very inconsistant UF offense.  

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400

i was just happy to see florida did not move up Ill be cheering for fsu, arkansas and who ever their bowl oponent is

go bulls

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

This is good news.  It'll keep any team recruiting the same players as us out of the NC game.  I was rooting for RU, but it's better this way because no one will have that edge on us this year.  Let's just pray UF goes down the tubes by losing to FSU and Arkansas making USF look like a very close second second to UF this year.

Then when we beat Mighty SEC Auburn next year we can make a NC run  ::)