• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Interesting note by Bruce Feldman in his ESPN.com

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231
  • Days Won:  0

Chat today.....

John Waldwick, NJ: Bruce there's a lot of talk about how many games a WVU, Rutgers, or Louisville would lose if they were in the SEC. But what would a team from the SEC, take the big two this year Florida and Arkansas be if they were in the Big East?

Bruce Feldman: (1:56 PM ET ) Not sure.. if UF played like they did the last few weeks, they might lose in the Big East too. Thing is, and this is why I think the SEC is extra tough is that after teams play and LSU, they are so beaten up, it's not easy for them the next week. You don't hear about that kind of hang over effect from a UCONN or a USF.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Hmm, just ask Pitt what kind of effect back to back losses to Ruttgers and USF have on a program...  This guy can kiss my Bulls!  

UF would have at least 2 losses in the BE this season, because they wouldn't have conference referees in their back pocket to make up for an anemic offense.    

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

I guess the SEC doesn't have the mental toughness like the BE teams.  Imagine having to face Vandy followed by Miss State.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

The SEC is clearly the toughest conference this year, but I will certainly say that the Big East may have the #2 spot locked up.  The PAC-10 is.....well......the typical PAC-10 again this year (weak), the ACC is atrocious this year, the Big 12 has only two or three good teams, and the Big 10 pretty much has Ohio State and Michigan and nothing else.

Top to bottom, the Big East is the #2 conference this year....and not as far behind the SEC as some would like to believe!

Just my thoughts.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

1. SEC

2. Big 10

3. Big East

4. Pac 10

5. Big 12

6. C-USA

7. ACC

(The last 2 are a joke...relax)

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Uh you do realize that this quote is saying how tough the SEC is right?  You have to read the setnence before what was origionally bolded to put it in its proper context (like it is below).  

Chat today.....

John Waldwick, NJ: Bruce there's a lot of talk about how many games a WVU, Rutgers, or Louisville would lose if they were in the SEC. But what would a team from the SEC, take the big two this year Florida and Arkansas be if they were in the Big East?

Bruce Feldman: (1:56 PM ET ) Not sure.. if UF played like they did the last few weeks, they might lose in the Big East too. Thing is, and this is why I think the SEC is extra tough is that after teams play and LSU, they are so beaten up, it's not easy for them the next week. You don't hear about that kind of hang over effect from a UCONN or a USF.

hes saying that teams arent hung over after playing Uconn or USF its actually saying those teams arent going to beat you up like the sec teams do.  Reading comprehension fellas.  

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Uh you do realize that this quote is saying how tough the SEC is right?  You have to read the setnence before what was origionally bolded to put it in its proper context (like it is below).  

Chat today.....

hes saying that teams arent hung over after playing Uconn or USF its actually saying those teams arent going to beat you up like the sec teams do.  Reading comprehension fellas.  

Were you referring to me, Steve?  'Cause I understood exactly what he was saying.  I was agreeing with what Feldman said.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I guess the SEC doesn't have the mental toughness like the BE teams.  Imagine having to face Vandy followed by Miss State.

nah mid south i was referring to the guy above

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Fuggum!!!!!  >:(

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I believe DaBull was being sarcastic here, implying that UConn and USF were better than Vandy and Miss State.