• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dell:  Grothe's goal is for silence

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

Why would Dell write that we have a history of "having trouble every time we leave the state?"  I don't think UNC believes that.  Last year at Rutgers?  At UAB?  Memphis?  TCU?  East Carolina?  Pitt?  North Texas?  at Syracuse?  Seems to me we have won quite a few games on the road over the last 4-5 years.  Maybe not a top ten win mind you, but that is not what Dell wrote.

>:(

Normal

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

Why would Dell write that we have a history of "having trouble every time we leave the state?"  I don't think UNC believes that.  Last year at Rutgers?  At UAB?  Memphis?  TCU?  East Carolina?  Pitt?  North Texas?  at Syracuse?  Seems to me we have won quite a few games on the road over the last 4-5 years.  Maybe not a top ten win mind you, but that is not what Dell wrote.

>:(

Normal

He's trying to get a job at the Trib ...

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Jenkins gave his tickets to someone?  Why?

I think what Leavitt did was right.  Missing class is nothing, but I'm sure it was not the 1st time they did it.  Besides, like he said, education comes first, not football.  They are here for a degree.

I'm kind of angry about Chambers though, for some reason I've always liked him.  Did he do the same?  The statement could have only been about Thed.  I met Thed's mom over at the UNC game and she said she was going to go to EVERY away game to watch him play.  Sucks for her than her son can't keep it in line.  I think she mentioned something about NFL but I don't remember.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

so they were kicked off the team for not going to class? WOW

I agree with your feelings. I understand that Thed had grade problems, but unless he missed every signle class and was failing I just don't understand ending his senior season 3 games early.

Yeah, sure.  Why do they need to ever show up to class?  This is a university, not like some place where they are supposed to get an education or something... :P

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

so they were kicked off the team for not going to class? WOW

I agree with your feelings. I understand that Thed had grade problems, but unless he missed every signle class and was failing I just don't understand ending his senior season 3 games early.

Yeah, sure.  Why do they need to ever show up to class?  This is a university, not like some place where they are supposed to get an education or something... :P

There are a lot of classes where the only time you need to show up is to take a test.  The bottom line is that you need to get passing grades though.  If he wasn't, JL did the right thing no questions asked.

Anyway, back to the original topic.  I don't think Grothe will EVER get it 100% silent there.  What about the USF fans?  What will THEY being doing when we're up by 30?  I bet the answer isn't "sitting down and being quiet."

Guest r_to_the_izzo
 I met Thed's mom over at the UNC game and she said she was going to go to EVERY away game to watch him play.  Sucks for her than her son can't keep it in line.  I think she mentioned something about NFL but I don't remember.

Since you cant I can ;). Thed has had workouts for several NFL teams, including the Patriots and Chiefs. Hopefully he can still get a shot as a 2nd day pick.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

LOVE Grothe's comments about shutting the crowd!

About the classes, well IMO it's college and there are two distinctly different issues.

1)attending class

2)making the grades

It isn't high school and as long as you make the grade there should be no requirement whatsoever in actually sitting in the room. That being said, I'll assume that making the grade was the true problem here...at least I hope that they weren't kicked off the team if they are passing but just not sitting in the room.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it will be fun to watch him next 3  years

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

I BULLieve that student athletes are required to attend class.  I think they have attendance reported or something like that.