• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Shoop's Synopsis

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Was unable to attend the game due to a wedding, but watched it in it's entirety this morning, so sorry if I'm a little late on this, but here goes...

Good:

- I'll start off with the most shocking: Rod Smith called a good game and had a good gameplan.  

- The defense has gotten better each and every game, in all areas. Pass rush, run stopping, pass coverage, tackling. That includes my favorite whipping boy, Mike Jenkins. He's not running behind receivers anymore. The defense was flying around all day and it would take too long to list all the names that made a big play.

- Matt Grothe. The end.

- Offensive line was getting a push all day long. Another unit that has improved every game.

- Delbert Alvarado's good kicks were really good.

Bad:

- Turnovers and penalties.

- Getting to the 30ish yd lines multiple times and failing to put 7 (or even 3) pts on the board.

- B Williams had 12 carries/1.9 yds per carry, Ricky Ponton had 10 carries/4.1 yds per carry. Someone PLEASE explain to me why Ponton is still being punished?!

- Why are Nicholas and Moffett in the game on the last 2 Syracuse drives? Why not give some young players(like we did on the DLine and secondary) some experience?

- The blocking on the right side of the center, on FGs and PATs, is atrocious.

- The unsportsmanlike penalty on Josh Julmiste. He's celebrating with his teamates, his teamate shoves him, and so as not to look like a moron by falling on his face, he does a somersault. He was actually doing the opposite of the penalty. He wasnt trying to draw attention to himself, he was trying to avoid the attention that he wouldve gotten for falling flat on his face like a moron.

- Delbert Alvarado's bad kick was really bad.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Shoop, those rushing stats don't tell the story. Ponton had one great run, 20+ yards. Outside that he averaged 1.8 yard per carry.

Neither running back looks very good right now, which worries me.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

The real question is, how'd you like the color of Otto's shoes?

The real question is, how'd you like the color of Otto's shoes?

I dont know who Otto is, but Syracuse's ROAD uniforms are awesome. Homes, not so much.

Shoop, those rushing stats don't tell the story. Ponton had one great run, 20+ yards. Outside that he averaged 1.8 yard per carry.

Neither running back looks very good right now, which worries me.

I think that says something though. It proves that Ponton has big play ability. If theyre getting near the same carries, and one guy breaks one or 2, THAT guy should be your starter.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

heres my take on the whole running back situaiton.  you CANNOT expect a walk on rb to produce like a 3 or 4 star guy that you recruited.  theres been a few times this year where benjamin williams has fumbled the ball in VERY important situations (on syracuse's 2 yard line in the 3rd in believe).  luckily, we were playing a team with virtually no offense, so it didnt end up killing us this time, but against a louisville or west virginia team, we cant afford to have williams in the game in key situations.  i get so **** frustrated at the games when i see williams coming in on 1st and 2nd downs....put him on the bench where he has belonged since training camp!

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

hope we get that 4 or 5 star running back this year.  it would make our offense unstopable.  some kid out there has to be looking at USF sayin I could start there and they got a great offense.  at least that is what Im hoping for.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

hope we get that 4 or 5 star running back this year.  it would make our offense unstopable.  some kid out there has to be looking at USF sayin I could start there and they got a great offense.  at least that is what Im hoping for.

There is good news coming our way.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

There is good news coming our way.

Andre Hall was granted another year of eligibility?   ;D