• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Settle for 7-5, are you kidding me?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Well hell lets just not play the games lets just make it 7-5 and call it a good season and go to a bowl.

Bro last year if I would have told you " USF will beat the ville by more than 21" what would you have told me? that I was freaking crazy right?

Well in the past we have not played well on the road right?

We had never smashed a 7th ranked team before last year like we did!

This team is showing moments of greatness, just need to work out some kinks and its all good, could these be the games? well I don't know, but lets at least not throw in the towel now!! I know where you are comming from but so far this year history has not repeated itself as far as stats go so why not break a trend of playing on the road in cold weather and winning???

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

**** right flipflop

heres to 8-3 and one game at a time :)

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

I am so proud of the team right now because the expects though we may be going either 6-6 or 5-7. It is nice to see that USF has already proved them wrong with two more games to play. We need to win that bowl game to reallly get the recruiting going into next season.  It would be very nice to finish 10-3 and ranked in the top 25 final polls.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Well hell lets just not play the games lets just make it 7-5 and call it a good season and go to a bowl.

Bro last year if I would have told you " USF will beat the ville by more than 21" what would you have told me? that I was freaking crazy right?

This team is showing moments of greatness, just need to work out some kinks and its all good, could these be the games? well I don't know, but lets at least not throw in the towel now!! I know where you are comming from but so far this year history has not repeated itself as far as stats go so why not break a trend of playing on the road in cold weather and winning???

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Sigh, I hate it when someone takes my post and goes to the extreme.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

USFMikeB, I agree with what you said.

Listen USF has looked good this year in some games, however, according to the BCS average SOS we've played the 109th schedule in teh country to this point.

These next two teams at home are going to BLOW any competition we've seen this year. These games are the two games that I feel show whether we are at a BCS level yet.

Beating Syracuse and UConn is one thing, but neither team is good and Pitt (our best win to date) is looking worse every day. The theme of the Big East this year has rung clear. Home teams dominate, road teams lose.

If USF is going to beat UL or WVU they are going to have to play MUCH better than they did yesterday (Yes the stats were great, but we looked stagnant as a team at times)

I'm keeping the faith, but know that these two games are going to take a lot to win!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Mike, Flip has the right to take it to the extreme.  As Matt's father you should understand his passion, and respect it.

This should remind many people that lots of players and family members of players read these boards.  Remember, when you criticize someone or something that that individual could be reading it.

I am not saying your post was that extenuating, but there is a lot of passion regarding the bulls and I don't believe anyone is ready to concede a game.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

USFMikeB, I agree with what you said.

Listen USF has looked good this year in some games, however, according to the BCS average SOS we've played the 109th schedule in teh country to this point.

These next two teams at home are going to BLOW any competition we've seen this year. These games are the two games that I feel show whether we are at a BCS level yet.

Beating Syracuse and UConn is one thing, but neither team is good and Pitt (our best win to date) is looking worse every day. The theme of the Big East this year has rung clear. Home teams dominate, road teams lose.

If USF is going to beat UL or WVU they are going to have to play MUCH better than they did yesterday (Yes the stats were great, but we looked stagnant as a team at times)

I'm keeping the faith, but know that these two games are going to take a lot to win!

These are the types of posts that drive me batty.  How is this going to prove if we're at a BCS level?  That's a bit extreme, this team beat Pitt, Pitt, Uconn, and Syracuse granted not the best BCS teams, but all three beat all the non-BCS opponents they faced and each has a quality BCS win or two.  

These next two games will indicate how far we've come, and if we're remotely ready for the big time, but whether were BCS or not...not fair this team has proven that already the past two seasons.  Some people might have a higher standard, but that's wrong, and impossible to gauge.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Bien,

BCS level teams win big road games. USF has accomplished more than I ever thought they would in the past two years. The only thing we don't have is a big time road win.

I said BCS level, and I mean big time, Duke and Mississippi State are BCS teams, but they are far from BCS level.

I'm pretty sure most people understood what I meant by BCS level when talking about the next two games.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

GO BULLS!!!!!!!

Mike, Flip has the right to take it to the extreme.  As Matt's father you should understand his passion, and respect it.

This should remind many people that lots of players and family members of players read these boards.  Remember, when you criticize someone or something that that individual could be reading it.

I am not saying your post was that extenuating, but there is a lot of passion regarding the bulls and I don't believe anyone is ready to concede a game.

Actually, the only reason I showed restraint in my response is because I knew it was Mr. Grothe.  I love people's optimism, but that doesn't mean there isn't a place for realistic discussions of game expectations.  As you mention, my post wasn't "that extenuating", so it just bugs me that it appears as if anyone making a realistic assessment in a non-negative manner is immediately blasted for it.  I'm not "conceding" anything, I simply believe that it is a long shot to win either of them.