• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lee Corso is a tool

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Lee Corso is just upset that the BIG EAST is a big story this year. Sure he may like UL since he was a former coach, but LEE CORSO is an ACC talking head. The former FSU guy is upset because the ACC is so down this year while the BIG EAST is succeeding. To be honest, they have not seen nothing yet from the BIG EAST. Next season is going to be even a stronger year for the BIG EAST with USF  getting the respect they deserve. I cant wait.

PS Props to the SUNSHINE Network's  Whitman, Brady Ackerman, and Terry Norvelle for giving USF some much needed respect this past Saturday.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Corso hates the ACC, he's trashed it for awhile. He's a Big 10 guy.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

I think Corso might be a little worked up about the BIG EAST having success because of his hometown UCF not getting invited. Corso was a believer of having both UCF and USF into the BIG EAST to make it a stronger conference. I wont forget all the lobbying he did with our local sports shows about UCF this and UCF that. I think Corso has become bitter of the BIG EAST in my opinion. As a matter of fact, all these critics this year are bitter about the BIG EAST including Ian Beckles who is a BIG TEN homer.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

Lee Corso is just upset that the BIG EAST is a big story this year. Sure he may like UL since he was a former coach, but LEE CORSO is an ACC talking head. The former FSU guy is upset because the ACC is so down this year while the BIG EAST is succeeding. To be honest, they have not seen nothing yet from the BIG EAST. Next season is going to be even a stronger year for the BIG EAST with USF  getting the respect they deserve. I cant wait.

PS Props to the SUNSHINE Network's  Whitman, Brady Ackerman, and Terry Norvelle for giving USF some much needed respect this past Saturday.

perhaps but if USF expects to get any real respect next year-- regardless of what we do in the BE-- they will have to beat or nearly beat Auburn on the road. That's not easy by any stretch

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

I think USC now has the best shot at No.2 , but they will have to beat an angry Cal team and ND.  

You're probably right.  Even though rutgers deserves it (IF IF IF they win out, and that's a big assumption), USC is the most qualified otherwise.  They have a nasty schedule and have played relatively well (unlike UF, they can get snaps right).  Also, if it comes down to USC/Ark, USC would come out on top by virtue of that game 1 slaughter.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I have a gut feeling Rutgers will lose to WVU

Corso has a point but the real problem is there are few chances for Big East teams to get equitable home and home arrangements with the traditional powers in football. So the argument that the Big East doesn't play anyone will always be used against our conference. I don't see any  way around that short of a playoff system since the traditional powers need that huge home game revenue stream to continue and will not give it up to legitimize other schools.

I word, neutral site games, it could work.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Isnt it funny that when SEC teams lose games in conference its because their conference is so tough, but when Big East teams lose games in conference it's because their conference is so weak?

I don't think I've heard that argument Shoop. I think the argument against the BE is that they have no great OOC wins.

Maryland, K-State, Kentucky, MTSU, Ohio and Navy are our only OOC victories that are bowl eligible. Not exactly the list of teams that will prop the BE up.

Those 6 teams all were victories by the Big 3 in the conference.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

You must not talk to any gator fans or listen to radio or watch tv....