• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Birmingham Bowl--where's the magic in the Magic Ci

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

anybody saying birmingham is a bad city is just giving the same stereotypical response they give for other southern areas.  i know this may be shocking, but not all of the south is banjos and hillbillies

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

So will they play that stupid "Sweet Home Alabama" song over and over?

And why does "Birmingham love the governor?"

Personally,  Neil Young > Lynard Skynard.

That's funny coming from someone obsessed with trans ams  ;D

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Well most of us on this board were in that dump of a city at that same dump of a stadium and can tell you it's a dump from firsthand experience.  No stereotyping involved.  

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557
  • Days Won:  3

Well most of us on this board were in that dump of a city at that same dump of a stadium and can tell you it's a dump from firsthand experience.  No stereotyping involved.  

I was there too.  Had my picture in the St Pete times and everything.  The stadium and surrounding area are a dump no doubt, but the city is not.  Much like Tampa, there is some real seedy parts of town and some real nice ones.  You have to know where to go.  There is probably more to do there than Charlotte.  

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Would completely agree that "legendary" Legion Field is nothing more than a rust bucket.  Was there in 2004 for the UAB "monsoon" game.  What a pit.  Was only there for 24hrs, but the city itself seemed fairly nice.

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

that picutre must be old.  thought I just heard that they actually tore down the upper deck.  the only good it served was to protect us from the rain in 2004.  I was weary that it was gonna collapse on us.

with all the red in that picture, it's obviously an Alabama game...

I haven't been watching the UAB game much tonight... but it looks like the seats are just bench seating... a lot of fans are disguised as empty seats tonight.

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  1,297

I was watching some of the UAB game as well.  That stadium is empty.  I plan on going regardless of what the stadium looks like.  Should be fun either way.  I hear the downtown district is pretty fun.