• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB contest

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
[smiley=roflmao.gif]

We could have averaged 7-8K a game this season had our ad made some moves, but instead we will average 1500-2000 actual.  Sad state of affairs.  

please tell us what the AD could have done and please don’t say get a new coach because even if he did the attendance would not change until we win

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that having Bob Huggins as our head BB coach would have led to 5 star recruits, wins, and a packed Sundome this year. The AD could have done that. Remember, we're in a BB conference now.

But at least we can stuff our faces with a $3 Cuban and talk about how well our team played that one time against UC in the Final Four....errr, I mean the CDOA semi's.

Predictions:

Conference wins: 3

Overall Win %: .35

Rueb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r_to_the_izzo
[smiley=roflmao.gif]

We could have averaged 7-8K a game this season had our ad made some moves, but instead we will average 1500-2000 actual.  Sad state of affairs.  

please tell us what the AD could have done and please don’t say get a new coach because even if he did the attendance would not change until we win

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that having Bob Huggins as our head BB coach would have led to 5 star recruits, wins, and a packed Sundome this year. The AD could have done that. Remember, we're in a BB conference now.

But at least we can stuff our faces with a $3 Cuban and talk about how well our team played that one time against UC in the Final Four....errr, I mean the CDOA semi's.

Predictions:

Rueb

All the 5 stars Huggins might have gotten wouldnt be here til next year. So everything you say doesnt apply for this year.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It doesn't apply EVER...

Huggins wouldn't have gotten crap here because he was NEVER a candidate for a position here.  It was all made up BS.  We were never looking for a new coach, and we would never pick anyone like him if we were.

Any thoughts otherwise would be absolutely wrong.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

The AD could have done that.

Fatal flaw in the argument.  But you just don't want to see that.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
[smiley=roflmao.gif]

Predictions:

Rueb

All the 5 stars Huggins might have gotten wouldnt be here til next year. So everything you say doesnt apply for this year.

False.

Huggins would pack the Sundome from day 1. If you think otherwise, pass the kool-aid.

Do you think Capko would start on a Huggins led team??

I do believe that Huggins would draw interest... but that isn't the point.

Kryzewski would pack the dome too just based on reputation... but we have a better chance at him ever coming here than Huggins.  Huggins never was going to happen, never would happen, never could happen.  Huggins must tip very well for you to have such a man crush on him.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Okay Velcro, no need to resurface the man crush aspect of this again...

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

You got it wrong.  I am the one who doesnt like people who didnt tip me years ago at the course and it was only Boggs and Greenburg.  

As for huggins, where is the proof he never had interest in coming here.  It was speculated on tv, newspapers, at usf, etc.  Not saying speculation means it was going to happen, but where is your proof there is no way it was going to happen.  I mean usf would have been ideal for him.  Program failing miserably (understatement), a team in the BE, in a climate perfect for a person with health conditions, which huggins has, and a fresh start for a hall of famer to cement in his rich history how good of a recruiter and coach he is.  I dont buy it, if we would have offered the same contract Kstate did Im sure he would have come here.  

ps reub and ari do have man crushes on huggy bear.  

Where is the proof he had interest?  there is none either.

I can prove that we had no interest in him just by knowing our athletic dept.  We wouldn't hire someone like him.  It would take major changes in philosophy to hire someone like huggins and that wasn't going to happen either.

You can go on with your huggins discussion on the one thread on the tampa sports forum about Huggins.  Huggins and USF have no true connection except that we played in the same conference and Mac beat Huggins in their last meeting.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
It doesn't apply EVER...

Huggins wouldn't have gotten crap here because he was NEVER a candidate for a position here.  It was all made up BS.  We were never looking for a new coach, and we would never pick anyone like him if we were.

Any thoughts otherwise would be absolutely wrong.

You are in denial Velcro...Huggy would likely be here had it not been for Genshaft's friend at UC.

It's almost like you don't want a winning program. It seems that you would rather keep on losing than fire someone. Sadly, your blind loyalty and unending patience will not be rewarded.

But some of us want to win; and I know our efforts are appreciated by the majority of Bulls fans. All I can say is we will keep on trying to do what we can to bring a winning program to USF.  

Fight the power,

Rueb