• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt still receiving a vote in the Coaches Poll

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

That combined with the fact that Bosie St. is ranked higher than Rutgers in both polls should be enough to show the average football fan how ridiculously biased these polls are. If we were undefeated right now, I doubt we'd crack the top 15.

And after comments like the following, it's clear that the BigEast still has a ways to go.

The Cardinals were ranked as high as No. 2 by five voters and as low as ninth by Jason Whitlock of the Kansas City Star.

"After watching the West Virginia-Louisville game Thursday night I was shocked at how poorly the defenses played," Whitlock said in an e-mail to the AP on Sunday. "I don't think either one of those teams would survive against the best teams in the SEC. So there are four SEC teams that I think are better than Louisville. I also think Ohio State, Texas, USC and Michigan are better than Louisville."

"If Louisville beats Rutgers by two touchdowns, I might reconsider my position," Whitlock said.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That guy is a tool Sould we give him the Bianchi treatment and flood hit with begrudging e-mails?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

yeah, i mentioned this before:  http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1162752104

there are several people on this board that feel the same way jason whitlock does.  so what he's not impressed.  I'm sure he missed the OSU and Michigan games this weekend where they almost lost to Illinois and Ball State respectively.  really impressive.  he's still biased based on years of tradition.

but it doesnt matter, as I also pointed out here:  http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1162770904

the computer polls and MOST voters favor UL and even jumped them over texas in harris and very close to them in coaches.  and their SOS will skyrocket again after next week, win or lose.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

This just goes to show you how biased these polls are out there.  Pitt still recieving a vote from a coach?  Sometimes I think people just vote for names regardless of how good that team is.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Boise State has beaten a better team (Oregon State) than Rutgers (Pitt), if Rutgers beats Louisville Thursday, they'll be top 10 without a doubt.

Boise will have to go undefeated and hope for help to crack the top 10 this year.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Does Wanny get a vote?  That could explain it, you know.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Boise State has beaten a better team (Oregon State) than Rutgers (Pitt), if Rutgers beats Louisville Thursday, they'll be top 10 without a doubt.

Boise will have to go undefeated and hope for help to crack the top 10 this year.

Boise just needs to go undefeated.  Some of the teams ahead of them play each other.  In fact, just out of the SEC championship game ONE of the 1 loss teams is going to fall.  It is highly likely that more than 1 loses though.  That would be enough for boise already.