• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UL/WVU game was a HUGE boost for Big East.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

I live in Ohio (hint the user name) and people all around Ohio & Michigan watched that game last night with great interest. Obviously, the main reason is that the winner of the OSU/UM game would most likely play the winner of that game in the National Championship if they won out.

Listened to sports radio driving into work this morning and they were talking about the game, the Big East, NC implications, etc. It was just a great showcase for the Big East. And, the Big East gets another boost next week when Louisville goes to play Rutgers. Games like these are going to make this a much better conference.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Yeah, but I thought Thursday night games sucked (along with Saturday at noon, and Sunday night).

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Whoever the co-worker next to me has on is destroying the Big East right now, claiming that it looked no better than the Fresno State/Boise State game of the same magnatude a few years ago.

It's Cincinnati sports radio.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Cincinatti Sports Radio??  What are they doing ripping the ig East?  There's no SEC teams up North.  Must have be another delierious UF fan crying that they wont make it.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

There are some around here, Kentucky is an hour away.

However, these are all Ohio State homers.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

not sure it is so good when marquee team gets destroyed looking bad in the process

everyone one taling wv in NC game

now louisville

next friday morning it will be RU

i dont think voters will be as kinds as ohio callers but i may be wrong

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

WVU did not get destroyed.They fell behind early in the second half because of turnovers and a sore arm on Slayton. Louisville had not shown that they could stop WVU's offense until they started putting the ball on the ground. If Slayton doesn't come out injured, those two teams might still be playing as I type this, as neither defense could stop the other.

As an aside, how awesome would a WVU versus Michigan game be? The nation's best running attack versus the best run D.

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358

Yeah, but I thought Thursday night games sucked (along with Saturday at noon, and Sunday night).

Saturday afternoon games are classic college football!

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

However, these are all Ohio State homers.

The same homers that will most likely watch the team march right through the NC?

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,466
  • Days Won:  43

Put is this way. The respected college talking heads  like Fowler, Herbstreet, and Mary May are all for an undefeated UL to make the NC because they say that they deserve to. If the SEC does not like getting left out of the BCS champion game then they can blame their old commish Kramer for being one of the BCS pioneers. I personally would love to see a 6 team playoff with one team from each BCS conference have a shot to play for it all. That will put the doubt out or this who has the best conference crap. Teams like Auburn and UF need to start scheduling better out of conference games if they want to have my vote on having a one loss team getting in.  UF playing Western Carolina does not tell me nothing. I know UF wants that extra home game, but is it really that important over the change to make the national championship?? Give UL credit because they scheduled both Miami and Kansas St before they knew that those programs were going to be down this season. Now schools like Ga Tech are dropping UL from their schedule because they dont want to get blown out.