• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

usf needs to use same gameplan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

against wv

grothe should be able to connect with our big receivers all day

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

You believe Grothe=Brohm

Our recievers=UL Recievers

?? I dont know about that, concept may be good but it still comes down to the athletic ability

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

our receivers are very nearly equal to Luisvilles.

Grothe is not the thrower Brohm is, but is a vastly superior runner.

The real difference is the O-line.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You believe Grothe=Brohm

?? I dont know about that, concept may be good but it still comes down to the athletic ability

Our WR's and QB have no athletic ability? What have you been watching all season?

How did Brohm and those UL WR's do against us last year?

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

You believe Grothe=Brohm

Our WR's and QB have no athletic ability? What have you been watching all season?

Hold on I never said that, I said it comes down to athletic ability and whose athletic ability is better, no where in that post did it say we have none, so easy cowboy.

Second of all, the UL game last yr was at a completely different stage of the season than this year's game. Last yr we were at home early in the season, alot different then being on the road in freezing cold weather, towards the end of the season where there is alot more on the line.

If you believe this is the same UL team that we beat last yr then I guess you are not watching the game tonight.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

You believe Grothe=Brohm

Hold on I never said that, I said it comes down to athletic ability and whose athletic ability is better, no where in that post did it say we have none, so easy cowboy.

Second of all, the UL game last yr was at a completely different stage of the season than this year's game. Last yr we were at home early in the season, alot different then being on the road in freezing cold weather, towards the end of the season where there is alot more on the line.

If you believe this is the same UL team that we beat last yr then I guess you are not watching the game tonight.

And if you think this is the same defense as last year i dont know what team you gave been watching so far.  We used to get consistant pressure on QB's last year this year most QB's finish the game with very clean jerseys

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

No kidding it's not the same Louisville team. It doesn't matter when we play them because there is the same thing on the line for any conference game. Cold weather is an excuse. The only thing that would factor in weather wise would be snow, wind or rain.

Louisville has the target on their back now and it's safe to say that our game against them has a huge circle on it. Our players should absolutely relish in that.

Your post questioned Grother vs. Brohm and our receivers vs. theirs. Grothe has the ability to escape the pass rush, which Brohm doesn't and that's a big positive. If we're able to break through Louisville's OL, then we can knock Brohm around the way we did last season. Brohm may be the better passer right now, but he has a couple of extra years of experience on reading D's than Matt has.

UL's WR are a real threat, but we have a good back 7, certainly better than what WVU has. Our WR's aren't too far behind.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

With how little we blitz this year and the inability of our front 4 to get pressure on QB's im very scared that brohm will have a very clean jersey and some pretty stats.  I really hope we have 7 wins before that game so our d coordinator can just throw caution into the wind and send alot of heat after Brohm.  IF dont blitz him that line will give him a all day to throw and he could have a stat line like he did tonight.      

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

We do not have a run game as good as Lousiville's that WVU would have to respect.  Even if our passing game was as good as Louisville's.  Meaning they should be able to put more people into coverage and play action will not work as well.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  81

The big key for Lousiville was their O-Line play last night.  WVU played Cover 3 most of the night with the corners and FS 15-20 deep.  Their front 3 plus LB/S could not get pressure on Brohm and he picked apart their coverage.  If out o-line plays as well as the Ville's did last night we will have a chance.