• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Pitt talk? You Bulls prefer the off-season?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

C'mon! College football is still college football... I'd rather be USF right now than UM or FSU (season-wise is what I'm talking about).

So, what's you feeling on Pitt? I've not seen them.

How were they able to slaughter the gnats and then got put to sleep by Rutgers? What are we going to see Saturday?

ARE YOU SCARED OF PITT, BULLS FANS?!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

not scared, concerned for our defense.  i think i trust our passing defense more than run defense, though, so hopefully we can stop palco.  im not sure about pitt's other strengths and weaknesses...

maybe we've be lolled to sleep by the bye week...

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Pitt has a **** good offense... they have a pretty good stable of recievers that can turn a game into a track meet if you give Palko time.  Thank god that Greg Lee left a year early or they would be tops in the Big East offensively.  Pitt's defense is the good news (for us).  They have had trouble getting burned for big plays, they don't seem to be that fast, and they've had real trouble in putting games away...  

In their two losses, Rutgers got something like 5 sacks from their defense and a 220+ yard running game from Ray Rice, can we say ball control?  Michigan state had two players combine for over 250 yards rushing in that game.  

Having a good pass-rush and keeping Pitt's offense off the field will have to be the priority Saturday.  

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Sadly, the offseason beats trying to have a conversation on this board lately. Interpret that through your own perspectives. Go Bulls beat Pitt.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Offense-  Palko is accurate makes good decisions and throws a good bacll.  The WR's are talented and can hurt you with big plays and are very good after the catch.  The running game is ok but is enough to keep you honest.  We must pressure Palko or he will pick us apart.  This really scares me with our defense because this is the first real accurate QB i have seen up play thus far.  We have been bailed out in other games in situations where our DBs have been beaten but poorly thrown balls allowed us to make a play on the ball.  The dbs need to be in top form for this game.  DL and LB's need to generate pressure on palko.  I just hope we remember that we are allowed to blitz.    

Defense-  They have HB blades who is a very talented LB but other than that i dont see alot that really scares me.  Their run D leaves alot to be desired but so does our running game.  If we can get things going on the ground we will move the ball pretty well.  Their Dbs are serviceable but not great.  I feel we can hurt them with our stable of talented WR's because of sheer numbers creating some favorable match ups.  They do blitz a bit and if they watched that cinci game film at all i expect them to send everyting and the kitchen sink at us.  If we can pick up the blitz and run the ball to keep them honest i can see a very good day offensivley.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it seems that bull faithful are more enamored with other big east teams success than bulls

both usf and pitt comig off tought losses and bye week

if both teams come to play it could be a great game

if one team comes to play it will be a slaugther

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

I think that there's not a lot of talk here because we are very concerned with this game. Palko has had two good games against us and we've not shown much to think it won't happen again.

Hopefully we can simply outscore them in a shootout. I see Pitt scoring 28 - 35 points, so MG and Ponton's GOT to light it up!

BULL's  win 38-35

GO BULLS!

Guest BasketBull.

Honestly, this is going to be a big test for our defense. Something is going to give between our pass rush and our suspect secondary playing too far off and always one-on-one. The defense is going to have to take some risks -blitz and hope for the best. If they sit back, it's going to be a long afternoon.

Offensively, I think we will be okay. For goodness sakes, I hope they give the ball to Ponton. We've waited forever to get him back and then he doesn't get the carries.

It's going to be the Grothe-Palko show on Saturday...

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

not if PBS hits Palko right in the jaw he hates being knocked around.

An yes PLEASE SOME TELL ROD TO RUN THE FREAKING BALL WITH PONTON 20+ TIMES

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231

The only way for us to run the ball effectively against Pitt is for us to use a full back.  I watched Rutgers run all over them and the only reason Rice had a good game is because Leonard was hitting the hole first and hitting HB Blades in the mouth.  We don't use a fullback so I dont think we will be able to run the ball against these guys.