• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Lets Not Forget

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

B o B

Absolutely 100% wrong. We've had the same offense/offensive playcallying since the Marquel Blackwell days, it's just that they have finally found a QB that can fill Marquel's shoes. We have a system that does not adapt to the players' style playing in it, but rather it expects the players to step up and be what the system calls for. This, in my opinion, is our biggest problem. We just don't have coaches with the experience/knowledge to adjust certain aspects of a system to suit the players they have.

Hhhmm, I don't remember seeing Banks running as much as MG when he was playing QB.  The MB reference is inaccurate to use to support your argument since both QBs seem to have similar styles.  As far as the coaches, they can only do so much, its up to players to perform.  The coaches are not dropping balls, the coaches are not fumbling the ball, the coaches are not throwing ints, the coaches are not missing blocking assignments.  At some point the players have to be responsible for their play, its not always the coaches.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
B o B
Absolutely 100% wrong. We've had the same offense/offensive playcallying since the Marquel Blackwell days, it's just that they have finally found a QB that can fill Marquel's shoes. We have a system that does not adapt to the players' style playing in it, but rather it expects the players to step up and be what the system calls for. This, in my opinion, is our biggest problem. We just don't have coaches with the experience/knowledge to adjust certain aspects of a system to suit the players they have.

Hhhmm, I don't remember seeing Banks running as much as MG when he was playing QB.  The MB reference is inaccurate to use to support your argument since both QBs seem to have similar styles.  As far as the coaches, they can only do so much, its up to players to perform.  [highlight]The coaches are not dropping balls, the coaches are not fumbling the ball, the coaches are not throwing ints, the coaches are not missing blocking assignments.  At some point the players have to be responsible for their play, its not always the coaches[/highlight].

While I agree with much of what you are saying, don't you think that highlighted portion above is almost VERBATIM what most coaches who get canned and the supporters thereof say?  If that argument rang true, no coach should EVER be fired.  Fact is, if your boys aren't tackling, blocking, catching, kicking, etc. like they need to, it all comes back to you as a head coach.  That's why they make the big bucks!  

Word up.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Fellow Bull fans let us not forget that the offense was retooled in the off season to best utilize the talents of C. Hill.  The coaching staff visited several schools to study their offenses to create that offense for Hill.  MG is playing in a system that had to be put together in a short time to maximize his talents, therefore, next year, the staff will have more time to create an offense that suits MG and allow for MG himself to study his mistakes and become stronger.  

Dont you think the coaching staff may have knew all along that Grothe was gonna be the man and that they may have planned this system with HIM in mind, rather than C. Hill?

Sure, they tell us that C. Hill was moved to WR last year "as a way to get him on the field", but dont you think they may have saw something that we didnt?

I'm just sayin...

grothe had to be the best qb on roster last year let alone this spring.hill may be more athletic but grothe is a real qb.not even close.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Fellow Bull fans let us not forget that the offense was retooled in the off season to best utilize the talents of C. Hill.  The coaching staff visited several schools to study their offenses to create that offense for Hill.  MG is playing in a system that had to be put together in a short time to maximize his talents, therefore, next year, the staff will have more time to create an offense that suits MG and allow for MG himself to study his mistakes and become stronger.  

Dont you think the coaching staff may have knew all along that Grothe was gonna be the man and that they may have planned this system with HIM in mind, rather than C. Hill?

Sure, they tell us that C. Hill was moved to WR last year "as a way to get him on the field", but dont you think they may have saw something that we didnt?

I'm just sayin...

grothe had to be the best qb on roster last year let alone this spring.hill may be more athletic but grothe is a real qb.not even close.

smazza that's what makes me nervous.

How could they have him #3 behind Julmiste and Hill when he is clearly the best QB of the three?

Are they that poor at evaluating talent? He should have started last year. Hasn't hurt Ark or Tex to have a true freshman start.

Imagine if we had Grothe back there with Hall last year. What a potent backfield that would have been. Play action bootlegs all day long.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I'm just sayin...

smazza that's what makes me nervous.

How could they have him #3 behind Julmiste and Hill when he is clearly the best QB of the three?

[highlight]Are they that poor at evaluating talent?[/highlight] He should have started last year. Hasn't hurt Ark or Tex to have a true freshman start.

Imagine if we had Grothe back there with Hall last year. What a potent backfield that would have been. Play action bootlegs all day long.

I think they are from time to time.  This is a case where they certainly were.

that brings me to this question?

is ponton being punished or does coaching staff think williams is better?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Beats me.  If they think Williams is better than Ponton, though, that means Ponton isn't good (because Williams isn't that great) or they are wrong on that as well.  Hopefully they're just making sure Ponton learned his lesson really well.

But if that's the case, why is Josh Julmiste playing so much?

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think anyone lays the blame of losses this season on our freshman quarterback. The kid is well on his way to being a very good player for us. I would say much of the frustration is with a team who has consistently played to the level of our opponents and made mental errors on the field (illegal formations, offsides on kicks, etc). Moreover, I think that many of us don't feel that we give ourselves the best chance to win by some of the game planning decisions and in-game decisions we've made. I doubt anyone had the illusion that we were going to be up for the national championship this year...but I felt a reasonable goal would be becoming the #3 school in the Big East. Instead we're fighting for #4....and losing so far.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Even if Ponton got worst between this year and last he is still better than Williams.  He is quicker, faster, and has more pop.  We saw that against Cinci.  I think at times the coaches are too loyal.  

How could Pat Julmiste start ahead of Grothe?  It has been obvious to me that Matt is better.  As long as Matt quits fumbling and grows as a QB he could be an all time great.

why is josh  playing so much?

is it because there is another brother in the pipeline