• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Analysis - Detailed by Conference

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

After that debacle on Sunday night, I'd even be willing to cheer for UCF over Cincinnati.

amie_abull

(still bitter)

Whoa big fella!  Cheer for UCF?!  Nope, not gonna do it.  No need for blasphemy.  Not wise to unleash any biblical plagues or angels of death.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usc will lose to either ou or cal

booty is one year away from a championship

texas will win big 12

clemson

if uf gets past uga they will not lose again

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Magic_Al's Bowl Predictions

-----------------------------------------

Unfortunately for Big East fans, Notre Dame will not win at USC on November 25th.  That loss will push them out of BCS eligibility and the Gator Bowl will snatch them up, causing another Weis tirade about the injustice of the BCS system.  With one more win, the Meineke Car Care Bowl will offer Navy a bid.  With upcoming games against Temple and Duke, they should manage that handily.

The MPC Computers Bowl normally pits a WAC team against the ACC #8 team, but with a mediocre ACC and Boise State likely getting an automatic BCS invite, that bowl will probably go looking for at least one, if not two opponents.  South Florida may receive that bid.

- Big East Champions (Orange Bowl): West Virginia

- Gator Bowl: Notre Dame

- Sun Bowl: Big 12

- Meineke Bowl: Navy

- Texas Bowl: Rutgers

- International Bowl: Louisville

- Birmingham Bowl: Pittsburgh

- MPC Computers Bowl (At-Large): South Florida

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Just curious.  if you are projecting either Kent State or Ohio and Bowling Green to be bowl eligible, why do you think the Motor City Bowl would choose USF over one of those teams that are within pretty easy driving distance (fans in the seats) over one of them?  Bowling Green is less than a 2 hour drive.  I can understand Cincinnati and that would possibly open up the Birmingham for us.

Just curious.  if you are projecting either Kent State or Ohio and Bowling Green to be bowl eligible, why do you think the Motor City Bowl would choose USF over one of those teams that are within pretty easy driving distance (fans in the seats) over one of them?  Bowling Green is less than a 2 hour drive.  I can understand Cincinnati and that would possibly open up the Birmingham for us.

Because they already get the MAC champion -- which I think will be the winner of the Western Michigan / Central Michigan game.  They won't get two MAC teams to face each other.

• Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468

JimUSFSig:

If that isn't a copy & paste job...nice work. Even if it is...nice info.

I would give anything to see the Bulls in the Motor City....I will be in the Detroit area from Dec 23-approx Jan. 3

That's too bad. Not that you'll get to see USF if they happen to end up at that particular bowl game...that you have to spend the holidays in Detroit. What a hell hole. And, I used to live in a nice part of it.

do you see usc losing to ND?

Um...no way...and that's without even looking where the game is this time. Guessing it's in So Cal...which REALLY means no way.

no bowl for UCF

Let this be a lesson to you younger viewers...lying to get ahead...or, a job...just doesn't pay.

MPC Computers Bowl (At-Large): South Florida

Wow. Wonder what they paid out to sponsor that one?

Not seeing the JL love fest any longer and really wondering where all the posters that were bashing me when USF was 3 - 0 and I said they probably will finish .500 or worse. Wasn't trying to be an a$$...just calling it like I saw it and thought many of you were looking past the teams like Cincy. I told you they played Ohio State tough and it wouldn't be an easy game. They looked like national champions last Sunday night and it was somewhat embarassing to watch. Now, seems some of you are HOPING they finish .500 and HOPE they get a bowl bid.

Hopefully, they can take care of business the next 2 weeks. But, would actually take 3 loses in a row to see them somehow...some way...take out West Virginia. Pipe dream, I know, but they need to be knocked off their high horse, and it would be the biggest win in USF's short history and unbelievable media exposure. Okay, just woke up. Here's to hoping they beat Syracuse...

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

jfcohio, we would still have to underperform to be UNDER .500, which is what you predicted.  making a bowl game at 6-6 would put us against a team we could beat to be 7-6, as well.  we'll see if we beat the other 3 teams, though.

JimUSFSig:

If that isn't a copy & paste job...nice work. Even if it is...nice info.

Not a cut and paste job, but thanks.

Um...no way...and that's without even looking where the game is this time. Guessing it's in So Cal...which REALLY means no way.

I don't think USC is that good.  They struggled with Washington and Washington State... will have their hands full with Oregon and Cal... yes, the game is in L.A. - but ND will be ready to play.  Their cupcake schedule not withstanding.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

here's one. USC already lost to oregon state.  notre dame could beat them.  and even if they dont they would still get BCS if they win all the others.