• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

retirecoachbowden.com

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Guest r_to_the_izzo

This is a website that was created by several of their boosters.

Relevence of the main board?

Weekly Top 3 Choices for Replacement Coach:

1. Rich Rodriguez, currently at West Virginia - he can actually coach and recruit

2. Bobby Petrino, currently at Louisville - good offensive mind, coaches on the field

3. Jim Leavitt, currently at USF - come up to Tallahassee Jim, miracle coach and recruiter

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Miracle coach?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!!?!

Someone needs to actually watch a USF game once in a while.

(see last night's fake punt)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

Miracle coach?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!!?!

Someone needs to actually watch a USF game once in a while.

(see last night's fake punt)

What Leavitt has done so far has in fact been nothing short of miraculous. Now, if they want to take our miracle offensive cordinator.......

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  2,307

Notice how all the teams are from the BE.  They want to screw them over again.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2635717

Florida State boosters calling for Bowden to retireESPN.com news services

"Our dilemma is: How do you ask a legend to retire?"

The question was posed by Bill Davis, a past president of Seminole Boosters, Inc., in an interview with The Palm Beach Post. The answer might be coming soon.

Some Florida State boosters are calling for 76-year-old football coach Bobby Bowden to retire with the Seminoles (4-3, 2-3 ACC) in last place in the conference.

Palm Beach attorney Peter Mettler, who is a former board member of Seminole Boosters, told the newspaper he was one of many boosters who have written to Florida State, calling for Bowden to retire.

"I am convinced and frankly have been for the last two seasons that coach Bowden should retire or be forced to retire," Mettler wrote to Florida State president T.K. Wetherell, the newspaper reported. "Someone has to stand up and make this difficult decision. As our president I urge you to be the leader I know you are, and do what has to be done."

Mettler, who is a Golden Chief in the booster organization ($6,000 miniumum donation) told the newspaper he sent his letter on Friday, the day before Florida State lost at home to Boston College.

Davis also told the newspaper he thinks it's time for a change at the top for the Florida State football team.

"This is a real tough business. It boils down to one of two things: It's either the horses or the jockeys. And we think we have some pretty good horses."

A Web site, "RetireCoachBowden.com" also calls for Bowden to step down.

"We think it is time for someone in the FSU Administration to tell the Emperor he has no clothes...it is time to let our Legendary Coach retire with some amount of class and dignity. Let 2006 be the swan song year so FSU can look ahead to the future with a new, younger direction, with an active Head Coach who actually coaches in the game," the introduction to the Web site reads.

However, Bowden remains upbeat.

"I know it sounds crazy, but I feel real good about our program right now," Bowden said Sunday after the Seminoles lost their second straight league home game.

"I can't worry about that," Bowden said. "Find the sun. The glass is half full, not half empty. That's always been me."

With the season's final road trip on tap Saturday at Maryland (5-2, 2-1), Florida State needs a win to avoid heading into the season's final month at .500 for the first time in Bowden's 31 years at the school.

The Seminoles' three losses to Clemson, North Carolina State and Boston College are by a total of 16 points.

"We've been in every ballgame until the last dadgum minute," Bowden said. "We're playing so many younger people, we should get better."

When, however, is the question for the defending ACC champs, who have now lost seven of their last 12 games dating back to last November.

"I don't want to present this as 'Oh boy, next year,'" Bowden said. "I'm talking about this season. [but] we've got some growing up to do."

Injuries have forced Bowden to play 17 true freshmen this year, including five who started in the loss to Boston College.

"People win with freshmen. You also get beat with freshmen," Bowden said. "But they're going to be good."

Reaffirming his positive nature, Bowden said his years in coaching have taught him good follows bad.

"We're going to come out of this doggone thing," he said.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
What Leavitt has done so far has in fact been nothing short of miraculous.

::)

Please.  If you're talking about the "program building" aspect of Leavitt's resume, then I agree.  But if we're talking about his in-game decision making, game week preparation, and choices of assistants, then that's just laughable.

He's a decent coach, but so far from miraculous it's not even funny.

If someone wants to build a program from scratch, he's the man to hire.  But I'm doubting more and more every week that he has the ability to get us over the proverbial "hump" in the Big East.  Get used to our "miracle" coach producing mediocre records for a while.

What Leavitt has done so far has in fact been nothing short of miraculous.

::)

Please.  If you're talking about the "program building" aspect of Leavitt's resume, then I agree.  But if we're talking about his in-game decision making, game week preparation, and choices of assistants, then that's just laughable.

He's a decent coach, but so far from miraculous it's not even funny.

If someone wants to build a program from scratch, he's the man to hire.  But I'm doubting more and more every week that he has the ability to get us over the proverbial "hump" in the Big East.  Get used to our "miracle" coach producing mediocre records for a while.

Your entitled to your opinion however if it wasn't for his abilities as a coach we wouldn't even be having this conversation now would we?

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Does Bowden actually do much of the coaching nowdays?  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,142

So going to our first Bowl game in 9 short years and 100 games isn't miraculous?  What other teams have done that?  (There may be others, I truely don't know.)

So going to our first Bowl game in 9 short years and 100 games isn't miraculous?  What other teams have done that?  (There may be others, I truely don't know.)

Exactly, I find it hard to say that what he has done for this program up to know would not be considered miraculous. Has any other school in the history of college football ever progressed so far so fast?