• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

Teachey did a decent job for us filling in as a reliable punting method for the most part. But I'm thnking we need to revisit using a guy who can boom a punt. Teams have scouted correctly the rugby style kick and are taking advantage of it. I've seen them do it in several games now and Cinci caught it 2 or 3 times.

Not a knock on Teachey-- just thinking we may need to get a traditional punting game back into the gameplan. Yeah-- I know-- it wasn't the reason we lost-- just one of many things that didn't turn out great (except that first punt which put them on the 2 yard line). Maybe the punters have had time to adjust to the speed of the game or shake the jitters of handling live punts by now. I now we have kids who can punt great-- like to see them on the field again.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339
  • Days Won:  0

coaching staff should have recognized this after UNC fielded these punts and got good returns on them.  It was a nice temporary fix but not a solution.  No  reason we don't give one of the freshman a chance to gain some "live" game experience.  We lost the field position battle big time last night.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991

"Tryouts tomorrow 10am all those that wish to punt meet at the practice field"  Thanks, coach.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

The rugby kick is great for pinning teams inside the 10 or even 5. But when your punting from your own 20....  :-? Even if they don't field it his average was 40 a kick, that means they start from the 40. Take the risk flip the field.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

when you call for a fake punt in your territory you better make sure your punter also runs a 4.2 40

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Yep, everyone has figured out our punting scheme now.  That didn't take long.  Penalties were bad again last night.  I"m not sure what we ended up with, but I'd say about 8 or so.  

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

when you call for a fake punt in your territory you better make sure your punter also runs a 4.2 40

That and #53 needs to stay closer to the runner he is blocking for.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

Actually Teachey is a hell of an athlete for a punter; see his tackle on the kickoff return.