• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Coaching Shakeup Needed

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with Sheriff. I think Plancher being named #1 was because Leavitt knew Ponton would be suspended. I think Leavitt still has something against Ponton and he better get over it quick. The kid more than paid his dues. Look at Miami's guys. or even the Gators D tackle. They were punished far less for far worse (equal in the case of gators guy) offenses.

Good move on JLs part if his plan was to make Plancher look like #1 if he knew Ponton was going to be suspended.

JL came out already and said the three guys suffered too much already so I don't think he has anything against Ponton.  I would like to see him get the ball more.

This was a rule in place for the 6 games suspension, they tried to apeal it and lost becasue the new rule is 2 games.  You are right Bull94, the kids more then paid their dues.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

I disagree about the suspensions.  That was pure stupidity and naivity on USF' Athletic Departments part.   USF simply shot itself in the foot and probably cost the school a bowl game.  That was THE harshest penalty in the BCS.  USF is not in a position to do that.  Geez, UT gives 2 game suspensions for weapons charges AND drugs!  UF manipulates suspensions around opponents.  Do you think people think USF is a better school than Texas or Florida because of that?  Of course not!  USF can't hold UT's or UF's jock academically!  It was silly.

In addition, I am sorry, but I do not think that game suspensions is the way to punish scholarship athletes.  They need to be on the field EARNING their scholarships, not in street clothes watching.  There is too at stake to not have those players earn their scholarships.  Punish the hell out of them OFF THE FIELD.

We are now paying the price for all the hits Grothe took early in the season because we had no running back.  Williams is a nice kid, but not a DIA RB.  My guess is Grothe has a rib injury that tightened up in the cold, all his throws were high which looka likw a rib injury not allowing him to follow through.  If he is not 100% gonna be a long month.  

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Time to open the Fire Rod Smith .com board again!

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  274

Has anyone on this board ever been a coach at any level?  It is an unbelievable experience seeing things that you thought were great decsions go up in flames and mistakes turn in to game winning plays.  

I don't think I have ever been any more angry at playcalling than during the UCONN game last year.  That series at the goal line still baffles me.

Not sure if this is the time to roll heads at USF.  Coaching changes don't always end up bringing positive results.  Witness the Ole Miss change from David Cutcliffe.

i have coached coached from pee wee to highschoo;

watched the game over 40 years

and i have seen things at usf never seen before

give old miss 2 more years before you pass judgment

leavitt has had 10 years and hasnt won a bowl game, or conference championship

YOu coached what? There must be a misinterpretation here. YOu don't talk or act like you know much about coaching. much less football coaching. Oh I get it! I bet you coached tiddly wnks or checkers or something like that. How about it smazz, what did you coach and are you talking about American Football??????

[smiley=iamwithstupid.gif]