• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt May Make Some Changes For Cinci (Trib)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

I really think many of the 6 Safeties we have back there are not THAT much different.

I couldn't say that one is that much better than the other.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

I thought Jerome Murphy was getting moved to Safety?  Remember him not being thrilled about moving from CB.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  167

I talked to Kevin a couple of times about his brother and he always said how much more talent and speed his younger brother has than he did.

Bear in mind this guy is a RS Sophomore now--- two more years of him and we have people comparing him to his brother who played next to JR Reed. He hasn't even capped out his potential IMO.

I disagree about him being out of position. He is in on so many plays out there and does a good job in run support. That's not a vote to say he is our best SS-- but that we are in good shape with him in there.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

What happened to the Nate Allen project?  Sure sounded like Leavitt was going to use him this year.

Has he decided to redshirt him now?  Or is it too late?

The Verpaele's remind me of the Jay Mize type of Safety.

Good Safeties that want to dislocate your head from your body from a serious hit ...

Will never 4get one (if not) the last hit Mize ever delivered. Glad it was on the 10 Year DVD (Speaking of which - gotsta wactch it again). He nailed the guy and you saw immediately his arm drop and was probably numb.

And I hear remarks against our DB's, these guys have done a real good job ... and we'll see if great the remainder of the season.

We have had 217 pas attempts against us ... 46 have been Defensed, over 21% ! Opponents have only completed 51% and not all passes can be defensed.

Just some positive FACTS !  8-)

Go BULLS !!!

coincidentally, Jay was on the sideline with his wife at the UNC game.

IMG_9677.JPG

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  106
  • Days Won:  0

I remember that Kevin similarly seemed overpowered and tackled poorly during his career but in the last year or two, he became a very valuble safety and a good tackler. I imagine we will see the same with Danny, it may just take some time. Currently, with the luxury of great LB's and corners, giving DV more experience isn't as much of a liability as it could be and will only let him develop faster.

Nate had a quad injury.  I am glad that even a very talented freshman cannot break the starting lineup from the get-go.

Nate had a quad injury.  I am glad that even a very talented freshman cannot break the starting lineup from the get-go.

like Danny did or Grothe or Marquel etc etc....

Or are you saying from the very first game? We've had plenty of freshman starters-- some even true freshmen (DV).

I meant at this point in the program's development.  Unless the kids are absolute blue-chippers having true freshmen start is an indication of lack of depth.  We do not have any blue-chippers.

MG is a redshirt freshman, the extra year I think helps most freshmen.  Also, our lack of depth in the QB department was apparent.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,664
  • Days Won:  29

Say that pic earlier of Jay ... Thanx !

Love when former players stay in touch with the program, and his company HELP$ alot also.