• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OMG IVY LEAGUE AND CATHOLIC FIGHT AFTER GAME!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

[sarcasm]OMG THIS IS DISGRACFUL THESE PROGRAMS ARE OUT OF CONTROL TAKE AWAY FOOTBALL  OMG OMG OMG!!!!![/sarcasm]

Proof that this happens everywhere not just the U.  Only thing that isnt like the other fight this weekend is swinging helmets and an FIU player swinging a crutch.  What can you say though i guess its a sexier news story when the U is involved and not rich upperclass white ivy leaguers and a catholic school.  

Updated: Oct. 17, 2006, 5:43 PM ET

Police, colleges probe Dartmouth-Holy Cross fightAssociated Press

Miami and FIU weren't the only college football teams involved in a brawl last weekend -- players from Dartmouth and Holy Cross fought at the end of their game when the teams lined up for postgame handshakes.

The fighting started on Dartmouth's Memorial Field after Holy Cross won 24-21 in overtime Saturday.

After Holy Cross players celebrated atop the Dartmouth "D" painted on the field, fights broke out between the teams when the Division I-AA teams lined up for customary handshakes.

Witnesses said some players were thrown to the ground and kicked. Coaches, campus security and Hanover police broke it up.

Dartmouth players who threw punches instead of shaking hands at the end of the game may face discipline or arrest, college and police officials said.

"What we observed was a lot of pushing, shoving, some punching, some kicking when people were on the ground," police chief Nicholas Giaccone said. "We would break up one group, then another group would flare up. We'd get in the middle of that and another group would flare up."

The melee lasted a minute or two, Giaccone said. He heard of no injuries among players, or among the coaches, Dartmouth security officers or police officers who ran onto the field to break things up.

The game wasn't televised and the fight so unexpected and short that the cameraman filming the game for Dartmouth caught only the end. Giaccone said the video hasn't been very useful, but said this was nothing like the helmet-swinging, player-stomping brawl between Miami and Florida International on Saturday.

"I don't remember seeing anyone using a helmet as a weapon," he said. "It was not any type of fighting situation. There was a lot of screaming, yelling and physical contact."

Giaccone said punches were thrown, but he's relying more on memory than video.

"For me to say what an individual person was doing ... there was too much going on," he said. "We were out there ourselves with limited protection. They've got all that equipment on."

The chief said officers are speaking with players to see if they can shed any light on how the fight started.

At Dartmouth, sports information officer Kathy Slattery Phillips said the school is trying to figure out what video is available and who might be disciplined. Holy Cross sports information officer Charlie Bare didn't immediately return a call seeking comment Tuesday.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2629760&campaign=rss&source=NCFHeadlines

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

WHo cares?  God will handle them, let's get back to trashing the University of Miami and it's disgraceful footbal program.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

as they said on outside the lines this afternoon....the reason the media is all over miami about this fight is because it is HARDLY an isolated incident.

Guest r_to_the_izzo
WHo cares?  God will handle them, let's get back to trashing the University of Miami and it's disgraceful footbal program.

That disgrace that won 5 NC's in the last 20 years? I'm a U hater and I know that the only thing that is a disgrace about that program is the whooping they put on us last year.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

That disgrace that won 5 NC's in the last 20 years? I'm a U hater and I know that the only thing that is a disgrace about that program is the whooping they put on us last year.

It was a joke Rizzo.  DId I need to include the  ;D

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

aside from miami's titles there are a lot of things you can say are disgraceful.  they didn't get that SI cover for nothing (the one that called for them the drop football back in the 80s)  miami will never live down this rep no matter what happens.  i know every program has problems, we have had our share in our 10 years, but the scale that U of M is on and their rep....of course the media is all over this.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363

Yeah, the U has a rep. Yeah, these were underprivileged black kids from Miami.  But there are two reasons why the media was all over the Miami game (actually, 1 and a corollary):

1. Nobody cares about the Dartmouth game.

1a. There were no media cameras there.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Sounds like a Terrell Owens-George Teague kind of thing. (That was back when TO played for the 49ers, he scored a touchdown in Dallas and ran to the star at midfield, and then Teague came running up and blasted him.) That's bad, but it's still different than deciding to start a free-for-all pretty much at random.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Darmoth should drop football.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Bad things are bound to happen, no program is perfect.  How one handles such adversity is the key.  Miami has handled this by giving a very weak suspension and sweeping it under the rug.  THAT is why Miami is getting ripped.  If the punishment was more appropriate, than this wouldn't be an issue.