• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I was talking with someone about USFs suture schedule and he said that he heard that a deal with Florida was in the works for next season. I know we have them scheduled for 2010 and 2011 (with the option to push back further). Plus I thought it strange since we already had planned to go to Auburn.

Can anybody verify this rumor? If not I'm discarding it as garbage.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

USF's 2007 schedule is already booked, so unless an existing game is being moved, not sure how/why this would happen ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,490
  • Days Won:  13

well he heard wrong

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,412
  • Days Won:  43

It is garbage. UF is playing UCF again. Besides, I dont want USF to have all these games up in Gainesville without having UF come to Tampa. Two games @ Gainseville is enough for USF. I personally would not mind seeing one of those games dropped. Besides, USF really does not need to do pay day games anymore because we are now in a good BCS conference.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,651
  • Days Won:  29

Sure we will drop the 2nd game and hopefully get a 1 for 1 deal, but not holding my breath.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I would take a game next year on the provision we dropped the two we signed for later, and we still get paid the payday rate.

BTW-- anyone who thinks we are ever going to get a home and home with the Gators is dreaming. One main reason-- we hold 64000, they can hold 90000+. It is simply not economically feasible and there would never be enough seats available for that game. The only time I see this as possible would be way down the line when we also have created and enormous OCS like they have. The Bucs will never expand the seating at RJS-- that doesn't fit the current NFL model of privileged access.

Don't hold it against the Gators-- it is one of the reasons home and home with Miami makes some sort of sense due to our similarly suited venues (seating capacity, not the frills). Same goes for FSU -- too big for us to swing home and home dates-- although they would be more likely than the Gators.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,240
  • Days Won:  0

It is garbage. UF is playing UCF again. Besides, I dont want USF to have all these games up in Gainesville without having UF come to Tampa. Two games @ Gainseville is enough for USF. I personally would not mind seeing one of those games dropped. Besides, USF really does not need to do pay day games anymore because we are now in a good BCS conference.

agreed, if i were them id just keep pushing those games back until the gators agree to come down here.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

If the Gators are trying to reshuffle their schedule, it would be either the UCF, Troy, or FAU game.

Apparently, there was some problem last year with UCF in regards to the PPV money sharing (around 50K) and that may have created some bad blood between the two administrations.

USF might be willing to do something, like I said, in filling that void provided we get some other consideration. That is probably in the form of losing the two later pay day dates for the earlier one. That would be a win-win for both groups. It allows the Gators to give the big FU to the Knights and openign up their home dates for possible home and home with other teams in those later years (if they choose that course).

For USF-- it would allow us to schedule those same dates as home games or home and home series with some other teams. We aren't looking for pay day games anymore based on what I'm seeing. Games against the Gators, whle interesting, are not going to help us and we can't expect them to grant a home and home with us anytime soon.

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  552
  • Days Won:  0

off the subject but...

USF is playing UF in hockey this weekend. Come watch the Gators take a butt kicking from your very own USF Bulls @ 9:30pm in Brandon.