• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF has THE PERFECT opportunity for recruiting.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  90
  • Content Count:  468
  • Days Won:  0

Kind of touched on this before the Miami fight fiasco, but now USF can become more appealing than ever. USF beats either UL or WVU or both and this program explodes.

Miami is in HUGE damage control. Coker most likely is gone. Kinda surprised somewhat that it didn't already happen. The alumni are officially done with him and many have some serious cash to back their disdain of him and how the program looks to the rest of the country at this point.

FSU is simply not getting the national exposure any more. I live in Ohio and have barely heard their name mentioned this football season. Plus, they just lost to NC State on national TV.

UF is a good program, but just lost to Auburn.

So, USF pulls out a victory at UL or at WVU...or both...goes to a bowl game, plays competitively and wins they will have some fire power to pursuade football players to the school. They need to jump on this right now and win some big games.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It would definitly be a step in the right direction but we would still have a long way to go.  But first things frist lets beat those bearcat.  Also, bearcat? bearcat? Seriously your a bear or a cat you cant be both.  Might as well be the cincinatti Ligers

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i hope we recruit well...but its gonna take a lot more then 1 off year for FSU before they stop getting a top 10 recruiting class every year.

the miami situation is a little more serious...they are a program in huge turmoil right now.  between firing all the assistants last year, the brawl this year, and would will end up leading to the firing of coker at years end....

not much there for a top recruit to want to play for.  however, i think in both cases it will have a greater effect on both programs abilities to recruit nationally (miami usually pulls one or two top recruits from Cali, and FSU usually gets a few from the mid-south like carolinas)

its clear that we only recruit in the state of florida.  i just wish we would hold onto more of our bay area talent.  but then you run into problems where the kids are still around the same crowd from high school, most of which arent doing anything positive with their lives, and you have situations like Ponton getting suspended...etc.. (not to say thats why ricky got suspended because he was local and hanging out with his old crowd but it just has a better chance of happened to a local kid then say, someone from miami or jacksonville who only knows kids from the football team and a few other students)

Bearcat? I live about 2 hours from Cincy, and have NEVER seen one of these things lurking in the trees.

mochabearcat.jpg

its clear that we only recruit in the state of florida.

That needs to change. Winning in Cincy, UL, or WVU may impact decisions of players in those areas.

we would be a very successful program with just Florida kids.  i have no problem recruiting just within the state....as long as we get the recruits.  right now we arent getting them.  if you even just took the florida kids that go outside of florida for college and put them on USF, we are a top 15 program.  its a bunch of kids from schools like Pitt, NC State, Clemson, Rutgers, even the best player from UNC this past weekend was from tampa.

by the way...that bearcat thing justs like a raccoon with a longer tail and little bit bigger.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Wow, jfcohio are you kidding me.  If this team wins 2 of the last 5 they will have done well and UL & WV aren't the two they might win.  Cinci game will give you a better idea of how far this team has come.  That will be a tough game.  Love to win out but not gonna happen.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

we would be a very successful program with just Florida kids.  i have no problem recruiting just within the state....as long as we get the recruits.  right now we arent getting them.  if you even just took the florida kids that go outside of florida for college and put them on USF, we are a top 15 program.  its a bunch of kids from schools like Pitt, NC State, Clemson, Rutgers, even the best player from UNC this past weekend was from tampa.

6 of 11 pitt starters on D are from florida.  We need to steal kids from the programs you mentioned before we worry about competing with the instate big boys.  

However, I have seen some of these around.

bigcatalogue.gif

Wow, jfcohio are you kidding me.

Kidding? No. Didn't say they were going to win ANY of those games - and not convinced at this point that they will. Just saying it's time to step it up a notch. If they happened to pull out victories over any of them it would be a great step in the right direction and they WILL get national exposure by winning any of them.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

We have been recruiting better each year ... and expect that to continue ... but this could be a great year to make a bigger jump with FSU & UM having back-to-back average years.

Remember also ... there is a limit of how many kids the big 3 can get and there are some major programs that recruit FL hard also. We have been doing well, but need to do MUCH better and BULLieve we will starting this season.

Go BULLS !!!