• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re-Arming:  Alton Voss, Mr. Everything

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

my entire problem with smazza is that he contradicts himself so much in the garbage that he posts....if you take a look at the recruiting and prospects board, he bitches constantly on there about how CJL and usf never recruit quality players from the state of fl...then he basically tries to tell voss not to come here just because he most likely will redshirt and not play for a couple years.  smazza is a complete jackass who stirs up controversy just to stir it.  out of those 40,000 posts i could count on one hand the number of logical thoughts that have come across his peanut sized brain.

i havent spoken to voss yet

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get what your saying Bulliever, but we're not Miami.

The main thing I have against Smazza's comments are what if Voss get's wind  of them.  Don't let him know there's anything else out there.

i dont think voss will make his decision on what i post

If he redshirts next year he can still start two years.

after sitting 3 years

it wont happen

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

If he redshirts next year he can still start two years.

after sitting 3 years

it wont happen

Why ?

Does it only happen in La La Land ?  ::)

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

At least we have a punter for next year  ;)

LG,

Unfortunately ... it is only almost EVERYONE ...

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

voss will not be comimg to usf to sit for 3 years

he is better of going to ftu/ou/oc where he has a chance to start all 4 years

Don't you see what smazza is trying to do here?  If he can convince Voss that it is not worth his signing with USF then he can keep on making comments about how CJL can't recruit good prospects and is not a good coach, etc...   He would rather be able to say "I told you so" then to have any success come our way..   This post alone should be enough to put him in the "bullpen" for a month or so as a suspension.  Another way of putting it is if you don't have anything positive to say....    :-X  :-X  :-X when it comes to recruits or prospects!

Wish he would just stay with hs trojan love . . .  :P

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Is this the same problem Miami had when they were cranking out one NFL QB after another?  No one good would go there?  Were they all four year starters?

We aren't at the level of dominance that Miami was at, so you really can't compare the two.  Same goes for USC right now.  Would Tebow end up at UF if Chris Leak was a RS Freshman?

When you're the caliber of these programs with a proven system of getting your recruits into the NFL, then people will be lining up at your door, despite the fact that they'll only play 2 years.  When you're playing for a dominant program like UM of the 80's, FSU of the 90's, and USC of the 2000's, 2 years is all you need.  Our program isnt "cranking out one NFL QB after another", so you wont see recruits lining up at our doorstep.  Instead, you'll see a recruit off to other programs where they can see immediate playing time.

you can not have it both ways.  UF is also a dominate program even if they havent been as dominant the last several years.  tebow might very well have gone there is leak wasnt a redshirt senior.  why?  he's ALREADY PLAYING and leak is a REDSHIRT SENIOR.  i'm pretty sure tebow could have beat out leak years ago if he can already get playing time now against a heisman candidate.  top recruits go to top programs no matter who is there most of the time, because they like the situation there and they figure with their own talent and hard work they will get playing time at some point.

FSU recruited a top 10 recruit in xavier lee and yet they play another high QB recruit drew weatherford they recruited the same year.  why would they both go there?  beats me, they just like FSU.  xavier lee should have transfered imo.  

maybe alton voss just likes USF, and good for him.  good for us.  good for him and grothe both.

i'm not saying playing time is never a consideration with recruits, because it is obivously a pitch in EA's ncaa football, heh.  but program quality is also a consideration.  why would voss want to go to UCF where they havent improved in decades when he can come to a BCS school here that is improving each year.

also, grothe's attention could help USF's recruting in other areas so when Voss takes over the team could be much better.  in addition, grothe's success shows that the right athletes can succeed in USF's system.

btw, even people who only read a few threads of this board can see what smazza does.  recruits arent that dumb.