• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WOW..our 2-deep is scary...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i think hester is going to be a lot like randolph.  he is just about as quick but a little bigger.  

either way...of all the seniors we will lose i think its no question that Thed, Pat and Steven will be the most missed.  Steven most overall.  But Thed will be the hardest to replace.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

yeah why did taurus and edwards play last year as true freshmen?

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Stephen Nicholas is a rare athlete, one that is hard to replace because he has special skills few can replicate...his combo of uncanny strength, speed, and elusiveness is amazing at the LB position.  I'd say Watson is pretty close to being that too.

Everyone else, including Randolph can be replaced or there are guys behind them waiting in the wings that are skilled just need experience and time.

yeah why did taurus and edwards play last year as true freshmen?

considering our QB situation last year...we should of redshirted all eligible WRs...

but no seriously, i think they played because they were ready to play.  similar to NFL rookie WRs and how they are most likely to make big impacts right away, WR is a position that doesn't require too much difference from level to level, specially in the capacity that we used them last year.  (running back kicks etc)

yeah, and I remember edwards having at least 1 big game.  just seems like we could have saved them considering the depth.  but considering the depth in future years i guess it doesnt matter.  and they've still got 2 years left anyway.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Um... we went to a bowl last year, by the skin of our teeth and had an outside chance at a showdown to earn a BCS berth... of course you play whoever is best.  If we just put in scrubs and redshirted the talent, we'd still be looking for our first bowl game.

Um... we went to a bowl last year, by the skin of our teeth and had an outside chance at a showdown to earn a BCS berth... of course you play whoever is best.  If we just put in scrubs and redshirted the talent, we'd still be looking for our first bowl game.

yeah, assuming the guys that could have redshirted were significantly better than the veteran guys anyway.  i guess they were, im not going to look up stats.  they are certainly doing well this year so i'm not complaining.  there are some guys this year that are redshirting, so i hope that is a sign of our depth and not of their talent.  if their talent is better we could just be assuming that the other guys' experience is better.  i was just suggesting that maybe we could have done that last year.  anyway, i'm pretty excited about the WRs in years to come.  i wish randolph could stay but hopefully someone else emerges...he just seems perfect for punt returns especially.

as for winning the big east in 2007...i'm not giving up on this year (heh, yeah...i'm funny).  but i seriously think we have a shot within a few years.  looking at the rivals ranking for recruits the last few years we arent doing much worse than WVU, UL, pitt, and rutgers.  pitt's class last year was pretty impressive, but WVU's was surprisingly bad.  UL's only big recruits before last year were bush and brohm (go figure, huh?).  I'm sure other people have emerged but i'm just judging on star rankings.  With grothe leading the team now I expect some better recruits to come in.  we'll see I guess

we were talking about redshirting WRs...not including Amarri...i think we would of had the same record with out any of the other WRs.  as long as we had Hall and that defense...i think we still had the same record.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

only 9 seniors listed on the 2 deep (Watson at LT,Bleakley and Gordon at TE, Green and Randolph at WR, Pat at QB, Nicholas and St Louis at LB, Burnett at SS)  

one could argue that only Watson, St Louis and Nicholas are going to be tough to replace.

only 5 seniors in the starting lineup this saturday.

I hope this is a good sign of things to come.

i dont think any good teams will be scared

when was last time usf beat a team with a winning record

i dont see a roster filled with young talented football players

the good news is that leavitt can get 25 new players in february