• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

no sense of urgency

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

The Bucs clearly have not shown any interest in winning games this year. After every loss, we hear the same old crap about how they are focused etc and that they are confident they can turn it around. The ship has sailed folks. The season is pretty much garbage at this point. They will have to run the table and hope for a miracle to make the playoffs IMO.

This season has been a let down. A dominant defense that we could count on has failed numerous times to keep a lead late in the game. It's sad really-- this team has so much talent but they don't seem to working together and getting the job done in the clutch. It's like you go to the game and wonder which Bucs team will show up today.

I guess one good thing about this situation is the band wagon fans who climbed aboard will start jumping off if they haven't already. I know we've had some key injuries (Alstott hurts more than most can reasonably see) at skill positions and on the offensive line. But ****-- losing to the F'ing Packers really hurts.

that was cathartic....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765
  • Days Won:  0

It will be interesting to see what direction is taken with the team next.   Does it get tweaked and repaired or will the wrecking ball come out and we are looking at a total rebuild.   My guess is at a minimum a few high profile players will not be in pewter helmets next year.   Too bad, I will miss some of them.     :'(

At least the Bucs are not as ugly as the Magic.   Punked by the Clippers... ouch!

• Topic Count:  693
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  1

I'd look for the front office to start dumping high-salary players wherever they can...hopefully, McKay can work his salary-cap magic like he has in the past. This year's performance is about as clear an indicator as you can get for what direction they need to go next.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517

The Bucs clearly have not shown any interest in winning games this year. After every loss, we hear the same old crap about how they are focused etc and that they are confident they can turn it around. The ship has sailed folks. The season is pretty much garbage at this point. They will have to run the table and hope for a miracle to make the playoffs IMO.

This season has been a let down. A dominant defense that we could count on has failed numerous times to keep a lead late in the game. It's sad really-- this team has so much talent but they don't seem to working together and getting the job done in the clutch. It's like you go to the game and wonder which Bucs team will show up today.

I guess one good thing about this situation is the band wagon fans who climbed aboard will start jumping off if they haven't already. I know we've had some key injuries (Alstott hurts more than most can reasonably see) at skill positions and on the offensive line. But ****-- losing to the F'ing Packers really hurts.

that was cathartic....

It's all part of the pre-determined Pattern.............

Super Bowl

Stanley Cup

Super Bowl and Stanley Cup

World Series

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I'd look for the front office to start dumping high-salary players wherever they can...hopefully, McKay can work his salary-cap magic like he has in the past. This year's performance is about as clear an indicator as you can get for what direction they need to go next.

Listening to Rome and he said the Bucs have de-activated Keyshawn for the rest of the year to allow him to get out. I can't seem to find anything about this on espn or tbo, does anyone know anything about this?

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

nevermind, here is the announcement on espn

In the latest shocking development from a championship defense gone awry, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have deactivated former All-Pro wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson for the rest of the season, ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli reports Tuesday.

According to Pasquarelli, Tampa Bay likely will look to trade Johnson after the season, as it believes there are several teams that are interested in acquiring his services. The NFL's trade deadline for this season passed in October.

Although the team has not yet released an official reason for the move, Johnson had openly complained in recent weeks about not getting enough passes thrown his way and his on-again, off-again relationship with Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden is well documented.

An eight-year veteran and the No. 1 overall pick in the 1996 NFL draft, Johnson has 45 catches for 600 yards and three touchdowns this season -- his fourth in Tampa Bay after starting his career with the New York Jets. For his career, Johnson has 603 catches for 7,936 yards and 48 touchdowns.

stunning!

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

chit, gotta drop him from my fantasy team... not that he was overly productive for me, but he was decent.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  152

I do not believe for a minute that this move had the slightest thing to do with salary cap issues. The Bucs (or more tot he point Rich McKay) have done a fantastic job of managing their cap room for years. We are still in a good position along these lines. If anything, dumping Keyshawn was like removing a sideline tumor. I liked him as a player and thought he was a pretty gutty receiver. But how long can you act like that on the sideline-- screaming at your coach about what he should do-- or the whole putting a house up for sale-- or his inability to practice in the off-season. Yeah-- I've heard his arguments (and others) about not getting paid to practice in the off-season. But if you are a professional and we paid you a ton of money to play for us, isn't it part of your job, whether it is mandatory or not (or a paid work time) to make an effort to be there for your team?

Nope-- not in Keyshawn's eyes. That's a shame-- he could have used that time to his advantage but he wasted it on livin' large or whatever he does in Cali. For someone who considered himself a leader on the Bucs-- he sure the hell never acted like one. What a shame it is that we have Keyshawn on every Super Bowl poster and other paraphenalia but no sign of Keenan McCardell. Keenan scored TWO touchdowns in the Super Bowl but didn't hype it up. He didn't even get to speak at the big celebration (neither the one at the stadium nor the one after the parade).

Anyway-- this won't kill the Bucs-- the injury bug is biting them squarely on the ass and if anything, I see this move as a positive. Maybe it will get the guys back to realizing that the team comes first. Warren Sapp-- for as much as so many people can't stand him-- is a very direct person in any interview. But the bottom line is he does his job, perhaps more so than anyone has this season. Sure-- his sack totals are off-- but when was the chief role of a defensive tackle supposed to be to get sacks. he is there to stop the run. He doesn't do that much this year either but if you actually watch just Sapp during any given game-- check out what is going on. He is getting double and sometimes triple teamed.  That means somebody is not picking up the slack out there.

This season is pretty much toast-- we got a chance or two and perhaps the Bucs can pull it out with a good run(hope so). But so many games we had in the bag were lost this year. The difference was that last year we won those games. anyway-- we'll see how this pans out soon enough.