• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

VOTE FOR THE NEW AD

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Just wanna say they are all quality candidates.  If I had to rank them I put Hollis 1 Spetman and Oliver tied at 2 and Woolard at 4 with a very small margin between all of them.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

Looks like the "public" is buying the sales job Hollis gave.  I find it very interesting the coaches had him ranked #3.

1. Oliver

2. Woolard

3. Hollis

4. Spetman

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I voted for Hollis because he is from Mich St, and no other reason.  

I didn't buy into anything... i don't even remember the "campaign"...

I said to myself... Self... which school do i like the best of the bunch?  Virginia, Air force, Mich St, or St Louis... and being a basketball fan... Mich St won.

Luckily... i am not on the committee to choose the new AD  ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Coming from Michigan State was also a strong reason for me to vote for Hollis. Growing up in ohio in a family of nothing but Wolverines I know a bit about the Big Ten, there may be equal positions but I doubt there are many higher preasure positions then to make a program successful in the Big Ten. The fact that he did so at a school that is overshadowed by ohio state and michigan tells me that he can handle that preasure and frankly I think we're going to need someone who is like that. Also, if you aren't from lancing you are either a buckey or a wolverine, MSU isn't exactly as overshadowed as we are with UF and FSU but it is very similar so he should have some good ideas on how to break through all that like he did at MSU. Also, I liked the enthusiasm he showed for our program along with an aggressiveness in his attitude towards how he wants to proceed.

I think Oliver and Spetman were also pretty strong but I was really disappointed in Woolard's interview.

As far as the coaches, I thought their preferences were strange as well but then it was also mentioned they only had a breif time with the candidates and on some level I'm sure their opinions will be based on how they feel they will get along with the new AD (in other words, does my job feel safe) and that is probably not the best reason to choose the AD.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Need an option for "None of the Above"...

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

Hollis

Hollis

Hollis..

If not Hollis then Oliver......

When I see Oliver I think, "USF has given you an offer and trust me, you had better accept!"  8)

Guest BasketBull.

The coaches' vote really threw me off...

Perhaps they are thinking of their working relationship and what they feel they need ---not what the school needs.

Even if my grandmother were in the running, I would choose somebody who could take USF to the next level, not because I get along with somebody.

We are financially in in huge hole... There's only one answer: Hollis

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

usf choses oliver or woolard... per the other post... hollis is likely out of the running

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Of those two, I guess I'd take Oliver.  He's got football experience (absolutely necessary), arena construction experience (renovation necessary), and fundraising experience (scoreboard necessary)