• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Keys to a VICTORY over RU

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

1) Stopping the run. We stopped Kansas pretty well. I think we can do it again.

2) Doing things successful on offense other than Grothe running and Grothe passing. I have a feeling there's not going to be much up the middle on first downs. Their defense is used to playing against the run: we will need to be very creative to be successful on the ground.

3) No turn overs.

4) Minimize penalties.

-------------------------------------------------

Defensively, they are going to dare us to run on them. After which, they will try to rush Matt.

Offensively, they will dare us to stop their running game. That first series for them will say a lot.

Two possible extremes:

A) We stop them cold on first and second, forcing them to throw on 3rd and long each and every time = 3 and out for them. We let our offense do its thing. The offense has a great night and we win BIG.

B) Third and long and they keep running for first downs... They run and run all over us. Our offense never really gets on the field. They win in a blow out.

The most likely scenario:

I see this as a very close game. They will run and will score, but running takes more time. Matt and the receivers will get their chance do their magic and we will get points on the board, no doubt.

It's going to be another "Kansas," as in a close game, but it will be a high-scoring game. Matt will have the game in his hands again. This time the magic returns and we will win in a thriller.

Remember Louisville last year? It's RU's turn.

Every year, USF football delivers a special dish for the Bulls fans -a surprising victory. This year it is Rutgers on Friday night, on national TV.

GO BULLS!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1.  Score more points than they do!!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

1. Run the ball..... with someone other than Grothe. If we rush for 100 yds with our running backs we win

2. cut down on the arm tackles

3a. no stupid mistakes

3b. paint the field and then rush it  ;)

USF warns fans: Stay off field

By MIKE CAMUNAS

Published September 28, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA - USF has a warning for any potential celebrants if the Bulls beat Rutgers, ranked 23rd, Friday night.

"No one is allowed on the field. Period," associate athletic director Tom Veit said Wednesday. "If someone comes across onto the field, they will be arrested."

Last year, several fans rushed the field at Raymond James Stadium after the biggest upset in USF's history, a win over No. 9 Louisville. Fans were tackled by law enforcement officials and some were Tasered.

USF will distribute flyers and make numerous announcements on the Jumbotron during Friday night's game to avoid a repeat, Veit said.

Mickey Farrell, director of operations for the Tampa Sports Authority, said there was a misunderstanding during the Louisville game, and many believed it would be all right to rush the field. Farrell also said there will be "ample" security Friday not only in the student section, where the tunnel to the visiting team's locker room is, but all over the stadium.

Farrell said that during the offseason TSA spent about $15,000 to install collapsible goal posts, which are brought down immediately after games.

"We're not trying to be the killjoy here," Veit said. "Our reasoning here is that we have to be careful. I don't want to be sitting here and hearing about how three people got injured after the game. I will take the heat on people saying I'm taking away a little bit of the fun, (rather) than have to hear about how some people got crushed."

- MIKE CAMUNAS, Times correspondent

[Last modified September 28, 2006, 05:47:45]

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/28/Sports/USF_warns_fans__Stay_.shtml

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,485
  • Days Won:  43

Why do I have a feeling that USF is going to need their 12th man in a big way for this game?? I wont be surprised if this game ends up being one of those nailbiters that have everyone on the edge of their seats. It may come down to a FG kick.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,401
  • Days Won:  10

Why do I have a feeling that USF is going to need their 12th man in a big way for this game?? I wont be surprised if this game ends up being one of those nailbiters that have everyone on the edge of their seats. It may come down to a FG kick.

Yeah, I'm no football whiz, but I predicted 13-10 for that very reason.  I see us as stepping up big time on defense, but not doing much on offense.  Actually, I am thinking 13 due to a missed PAT.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Well, I said earlier that the Kansas game would be high scoring and we would win but couldn't have been more wrong.  At the same time I said this game would be low scoring and we would win by a field goal.  Obviously I have no clue.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Well, I said earlier that the Kansas game would be high scoring and we would win but couldn't have been more wrong.  At the same time I said this game would be low scoring and we would win by a field goal.  Obviously I have no clue.

That's ok dabull, with our beloved Bulls we never know what to expect.  But it's always fun to watch.  

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

1.  Score more points than they do!!

This one is the key that we really need to win the game!   ;D

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

This game will be back and forth all nite....   last year was 45-31, so expect to standing alot.