• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Terrell Owens attempted suicide last night...

Guest R_to_the_izzo

If those drugs were as strong as they are, he coulda took 5, been on a high so bad he didnt realize who the hell he was, thrown out the rest of the pills, and said yes to any question asked. Until the whole investigation is done jumping to conclusions is just as bad as the actuall story.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Jebus, ESPN is just turning this into a freaking circus. Most the evidence shows the ONE report they got is inaccurate.

The mere fact that TO is ALREADY out of the hospital suggests that it wasn't a suiside attempt.

Leave it to ESPN to turn this into Watergate again.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

with no medical background, i am going to go out on a limb and say if he took more than mayeb 10, much less 35, there is absolutely no way he would be out of the hospital already

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

According to the AP...

This guy needs serious help.  

Police report: Owens hospitalized after suicide attemptESPN.com news services

Owens

DALLAS -- Flamboyant Dallas Cowboys receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide by overdosing on pain medication, even putting two more pills into his mouth after fire rescue personnel arrived, The Associated Press reported Wednesday citing a police report.

A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told rescue workers "that he was depressed." The report was first released by WFAA-TV.

The rescue worker "noticed that [his] prescription pain medication was empty and observed [Owens] putting two pills in his mouth,'' the police report said.

The worker attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. The worker then asked Owens "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time [he] stated, 'Yes.'"

Owens was taken to the emergency room Tuesday night. A source close to Owens had told ESPN's Ed Werder early Wednesday morning that Owens was suffering an adverse reaction to painkillers taken for treatment of his fractured hand.

"This is not serious," Owens' publicist Kim Etheridge said in Wednesday's online edition of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, before news of the reported suicide attempt was released.

A report earlier Tuesday stated that Owens would practice with the team Wednesday and possibly play Sunday at Tennessee, but his availability this week and beyond is now uncertain.

Doctors treating the Dallas Cowboys receiver were trying to induce vomiting when he arrived at Baylor Medical Center, according to a television report.

Owens was brought by a fire rescue crew to the hospital, Dallas-Fort Worth television station KTVT reported, citing sources the television station did not identify. A reporter for the station later said she saw Owens being wheeled down the hall.

Calls from The Associated Press to Owens' agent, his publicist and the Cowboys were not immediately returned Tuesday night. The hospital told the AP that they do not have a patient registered by Owens' name; however, federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released.

No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

Owens fractured the fourth metacarpal bone in the Cowboys' victory over the Washington Redskins and underwent surgery on Sept. 18. The next day, a plate was screwed in, protecting the bone so it can heal without further damage.

Cowboys coach Bill Parcells mentioned in a press conference shortly thereafter that pain medication had made Owens ill, apparently making this the second time he has had an adverse reaction. The incident that sent him to the hospital Tuesday night apparently occurred sometime after Owens took medication after catching passes at the Cowboys' facility on Tuesday.

On Tuesday, the Cowboys also practiced without tight end Jason Witten, whose wife was having a baby. Wide receiver Terry Glenn practiced, albeit with several stitches in his thumb.

"He was trying to cut some tape off his uniform," Parcells said. "He had his hand down in his pants and he missed. Fortunately he cut his hand."

With the Cowboys having had a bye last weekend, Owens could return without having missed a game. Before Tuesday's late developments, Owens said he would play Oct. 8, when he gets to face his former team, the Eagles, in Philadelphia.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

he will be on field in a couple of weeks

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the point is that statement was uncalled for

83-there is not much compassion from this crowd.likewise,you wont see much malice.

there seems to be  a crowd of members that simply dont like athetic,successful,arrogant,rich,talented black athletes.it is their right but i am used to it with the barry bonds threads so it doesnt bother me.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Just heard TO's news conference and RT was right. Looks like much ado about nothing. Some Woodward/Bernstein wannabes took it and ran with it ..... The media, mostly ESPN in these cases, is a freaking joke.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

there seems to be  a crowd of members that simply dont like athetic,successful,arrogant,rich,talented black athletes.it is their right but i am used to it with the barry bonds threads so it doesnt bother me.

I love athletic, successful, arrogant, rich, talented black athletes as long as they're on my team ....

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

the point is that statement was uncalled for

83-there is not much compassion from this crowd.likewise,you wont see much malice.

I don't like arrogant people, period.  However, I don't wish TO or Barry Bonds any harm.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

BTW, suicide is one of the most selfish things anyone could do.  You're not around anymore, but your loved ones have to deal with your death and forever wonder if they could have done something to prevent it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

he will be on field in a couple of weeks

I think he'll still play this week.  He practiced today before the press conference.  He seems fine, and his hand was already reported to be healing well enough for this weekend.