• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Randolph pulled up

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

I can't believe no one has commented on this.  I was watching the game on Fox and on the next to last play of the game where the ball went off the end of Ean Randolph's fingers he pulled up afraid to take the hit from the DB.  Fox showed the replay several times and Ean should have caught that ball.  Grothe hit him right where it needed to be hit and he pulled out of the run for sure.  If he makes that catch his momentum carries him into the end-zone from the 1-2 yard line and we win this game.  I am not going to fault Randolph too much because he was going to take a hit and he played a great game but folks that was the game right there.  If he doesn't pull up we get the W.

I can't believe no one has commented on this.  I was watching the game on Fox and on the next to last play of the game where the ball went off the end of Ean Randolph's fingers he pulled up afraid to take the hit from the DB.  Fox showed the replay several times and Ean should have caught that ball.  Grothe hit him right where it needed to be hit and he pulled out of the run for sure.  If he makes that catch his momentum carries him into the end-zone from the 1-2 yard line and we win this game.  I am not going to fault Randolph too much because he was going to take a hit and he played a great game but folks that was the game right there.  If he doesn't pull up we get the W.

Yes, it happens to the best of the receivers - hearing footsteps and worrying about getting hit.  He was fully extended when the ball hit his ands and he dropped it.

You can't pin this loss on any one play.  The fact remains that USF should not have needed to try a last minute comeback... on the series before, USF went three and out. Why not say there were plays there that would have helped? Or without Smith's fumble? or without the offensive pass interference penalty?...

One play does not a game make.  I'm sure Ean has been beating himself up about it, and will catch a similar pass next time.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

that is what happens when little guys go over the middle he took some good licks all game and it just got to him

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

Yes, it happens to the best of the receivers - hearing footsteps and worrying about getting hit.  He was fully extended when the ball hit his ands and he dropped it.

You can't pin this loss on any one play.  The fact remains that USF should not have needed to try a last minute comeback... on the series before, USF went three and out. Why not say there were plays there that would have helped? Or without Smith's fumble? or without the offensive pass interference penalty?...

One play does not a game make.  I'm sure Ean has been beating himself up about it, and will catch a similar pass next time.

........er, this was the next time. last week against the hillbillies, on the  pass over the middle in the first half, if he extends fully - and doesn't short arm it waiting for the big hit - he makes that catch and cruises to the end zone. didn't do it that time either. not to pile on, but it doesn't seem l ike old ean is a slot/over the middle kind of guy.....

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403

I agree.  He definitely alligator armed it... on a side note, on the play before that, Grothe put the ball exactly where it needed to be, but the receiver had slowed down as he passed the db.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

It's always easy to criticize from the sideline.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

ANOTHER  on going problem with usf's receivers

they cant hold on to the ball

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

It's always easy to criticize from the sideline.  

amen, i would love to see you guys go out there and try to catch a football, with the prospect of getting hit in the back of your mind.  

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

So soon you all forget the catch he made at UCF right in the middle that he got leveled making...and held on to the ball. If he doesnt make that catch, we dont score on that drive.