• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

dont buy the hype

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

usf can beat rutgers

if usf stops the run and plays an error free efficient game usf will be the victors

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

that's the spirit steve

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Keeping it positive Steve got to love it

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20

smazza,

Duh ... if any team stops RU from running the ball, and in turn plays error free and efficient football, of course they will win.

And someone, maybe more than 1 someone, will do that to RU, I am sure.

USF's defense is certainly the fastest, and toughest, that RU will have faced this season to date.  And Schiano says the USF offensive players are also the fastest that RU has played so far.  Thus I expect this game to be a large challenge for RU.  

Unfortunately, I have not seen USF play yet this season, so I do not have a feel for how RU actually stacks up at all.

The least RU has rushed for in any game this season is about 175 yards.  But the most RU has pased for this season is 145 yards.  I suspect RU is going to have to gain a few more yards in the air against USF than in any other game so far, in order to win.

And your QB worries me.  

But we shall see.  USF has had some important players either hurt or suspended, so their depth will really be tested.  RU is definitively better than last season, in my opinion as an RU fan (RU is not as flashy, and its offense is not as accomplished, but the offense is more efficient, and its defense is much quicker and more effective).  And I do not think USF is as good as it was last season.  On the other hand, RU just lost its top WR for an extended period of time due to a broken ankle, and is left with a VERY young WR corp ... though very fast.  As I said, we shall see, eh?

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

usf can beat rutgers

if usf stops the run and plays an error free efficient game usf will be the victors

****....that is mighty optimistic of you...

btw...I think you are right. USF can beat RU....the question is whether we'll beat ourselves and force Teal into making some bad decisions leading to turnovers.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9

I came to this site looking for some information on USF other than what I know already - you have good LBs and a developing Freshman QB who signs of good things to come.

This year's RU team is much different than last year

1) Improved offensive line with improvement in the TE's blocking

2) Defensive speed is drastically improved - we went up against running QBs the last 4 weeks and have not been affected.  Historically running QBs have always killed us, not with this D.

3) Secondary matured - we are actually covering WRs this year

4) Special teams are clicking especially with two blocked punts

5) Defense creating turnovers - more INTs this year than last

6) Finally - we will not turn the ball over 6 times like we did last year against your team

7) Rested - when RU played USF last year, the team was physically and emotionally spent after 4 tough weeks (Physical WVU game, rival games in SU and UCONN, and an emotional homecoming day with Navy).  USF was well rested after have playing once in the 3-4 weeks.  It showed and can not be down played.  This year, both teams are on equal footing.

No change in Leonard and Rice, they are still great backs.  What we worry about:

1) Balanced Offense - Passing game not clicking

2) Tucker injury - top WR out for a few weeks

3) Which Teel will show up - important to note, our playbook was limited for the most part the last three weeks because the games were close (we seem to have run only 2-6 plays with some variations).  I think our ive game will be similar to UNC, but don't be suprised if you see some gimmick offensive set throughout the night.

4) Not easy to travel for a Friday night game

Having said all this, College FB is hard to figure out anymore so who knows what the score will be.  BC loses to NC State who loses to Akron who loses, well, you get the picture.  Good luck in games 6-12.