• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt blames bad info for call

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Although this won't sit well with smazza's "Jim Leavitt is a horrible coach and I'm an expert on football coaching" mentality, USF going for it on 4th and down at the 3 yard line was a worthwhile gamble.  Defense is SUPPOSED to be our strength and offense Kansas' weakness, so even if we hadn't gotten the first down, we had every expectation that we would be getting the ball back in good field position.  Given the bad angle on those short kicks and the fact that any FG for USF right now isn't a chip shot and it was a worthwhile gamble.  The play call absolutely sucked, but the decision to go for it wasn't as bad.  The fact that the defense then allowed Kansas to convert a 3rd and 6 from the 6 yard line (foreshadowing a bunch of converted 3rd and longs) was what hurt us there.  

I also don't see anybody pissing and moaning about Grothe's horrible decision to throw that pass at the end of the half.  If he throws that ball away we are still in FG range to score with 8 seconds left.  

USFFan

YOU HAVE DEMONSTRATED TOO ME YOU DONT KNOW THE GAME

OR THE OPPONENT

SORRY YOU CANT SEPARATE THE DECISION TO GO FOR IT AND THE PLAY.THEY GO HAND IN HAND.IF YOU DONT HAVE A PLAY TO GAIN NECESSARY YARDAGE THAN YOU KICK THE FILED GOAL,

YOU are obviously another newbie so i will go easy on you

MANGINO IS AN OFFENSIVE WHIZ AS HE DEMONSTRATED BY PUTTING UP ENOUGH POINTS TOO WIN

And YOU have demonstrated to ME that you are an arrogant blowhard.  First off, your opinion that this was a bad decision is just that, an opinion.  It is no more or less valid than mine.  To call into question whether I know what I'm talking about (despite having played football through high school and coached football for going on 10 years) for expressing that opinion is silly.  Since I have been posting on this and other USF boards long enough to have interacted with you dozens of times (and never learning my lesson to just ignore you) demonstrates that all you do is write grammatically incorrect posts without ever reading what anybody else has to say.  

I've got news, Steve.  Just because you post 10,000 times does NOT make you any kind of authority on sports or anything else.  Furthermore, just because you give money to the university does not give you any more credence in your incessant whining about any and every thing that our alma mater does.  And just because you brag about things on the internet does not mean that 99% of the crap that you post is really true.  I'm sorry that I tried once again to respond to one of your posts.  I'll probably go another year or so of trying to ignore you before you break me down again.  

USFFan

YOU STILL CANT DEFEND THE LEAVITT'S DECISION

IF YOU CAN DO IT,IT AINT BRAGGIN BOY

IT MIGHT TAKE YOU ANOTHER YEAR TO UNDERSTAND THE ISSUES THAT WE ARE TRYING TO DISCUSS

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

seriously-- let it go

He admitted to the mistake instead of hemming and hawing and not giving an answer. If you can't handle the truth, stop asking for it. This guy can never please you steve--- you are searching for any angle to hang him by the testicles. OBSESSED!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Sorry, but when you have 39,000 posts, isn't everybody pretty much a newbie to you?

QUANTITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

IT IS ALL IN THE CONTENT

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Sorry, but when you have 39,000 posts, isn't everybody pretty much a newbie to you?

QUANTITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT

IT IS ALL IN THE CONTENT

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)