• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watch Party Comments

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

The Carrollwood/North Tampa sports bar you are thinking of is Prime Time... I was there last nite...that had the game on plenty of TVs, although there were a lot pf people ther watching the gator game too...good atmosphere...good crowd...good wings...what more can you ask for?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

I don't know how it was last night, but I brought a few people to Capogna's once last year.  It's great atmosphere & the watch party is very well run.  The only downsides were....

1. too cramped / crowded for comfort (IMO)

2. I realize most probably prefer it, but I've never been a big "sports bar menu" kinda guy.

The nice thing about Selmons last night, my friends all met, got a table in the restaurant and had a good meal (as opposed to greasy wings or fried grouper sandwich) then we went into the bar area and watched the game.

It was pretty nice!

Having said that, I wonder why there's not a watch party @ The Bull Ring?

• Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

Having said that, I wonder why there's not a watch party @ The Bull Ring?

I'm guessing that it has to do with the proximity to The Clubhouse. Both are in the USF area, and if you want to maximize attendance, splitting the two wouldn't do much for either place.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

because Mike over at the clubhouse has been awesome to bull fans in making sure our game is on every t.v.  and we have had many watch parties over there, throughout the years and its wrong to move to a new place.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

Another thing about Clubhouse is I bullieve it is a better set up for a watch party then Bull Ring is.  Also just like Andy said Clubhouse has been great to us.  They have the USF game on almost all tv's, and give specials to USF fans.  If you have not watched a game at Clubhouse stop by and I promise you it will be a good time!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Actually Dean, we had closer to 90  people.  And I think Elmer's would be a good location for South Tampa, but the problem is you need someone willing to commit to being there and hosting it and getting up and talking to people and giving away prizes.  It's not just enough to say"Hey, Press box is a good place to meet."  Management needs to be involved, they need to see that the people will come and spend the money.  

Don't forget, Capogna's did not go all out like this until they say the results.  I am sure there were a few unhappy Gaytur fans last night but Capogna's knew that all those Bulls fans were spending money and having a good time and will come back. Heck, I met people from Grothe's home town who work with his mom and came over here because Polk county didn't have a watch party.  They passed through Tampa to come to Capogna's.

heck the wife and I live in tampa and passed LRS to go to Capogna's

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158

I'm friends with the owners of Tate Brothers Pizza on Davis Islands in South Tampa.  If you all think that might be a place you might want to meet, I'll talk to him about the possibility of reserving the side room for USF games.  Talked with him a bit on Saturday AM and he did have the game on in the place, so maybe he'd be willing to host.

Let me know.

Bummer about the house.

Yeah, it sure was.  Fortunately nobody was hurt, but Tom and his wife lost everything... all the pics of their kids, their wedding, all that stuff that can't be replaced.

They're doing well though.  That house is gutted like a fish.  Drove by it yesterday and still can't believe nobody was hurt.  It's a charred shell.

• Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784

Looks like there's two schools of thought here:

1. A more sedate restaurant type of experience (LRS)...

2. A more party type of atmosphere (Capogna's / Clubhouse).

(and that could be what the Hillsborough Alumni Assoc is shooting

for to begin with..an alternative to the Capognas/Clubhouse

type of parties).

There used to be watch parties at the Beef's on Fowler, however,

I don't know if they're still on the list or not. There was some

back-n-forth a few years ago about relegating USF to the cheap

seats to make way for some Seminator 'Cane types...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Beef O Bradeys in Orlando or there abouts did a nice job for the 8 Bulls fans that showed up.  Where was our fearless leader Kevin ?  It would've been nice if he made it.  Last time I drive over an hour for that.  I think instead I will get a Brevard County party going.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

Sorry Beef's in Orlando was a bust. Maybe next time you can check out the Beef's in Brevard.

From the Watch Party thread:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1158771620;start=all

BREVARD COUNTY

There is a watch party being held at Beef O'Bradys in Merritt Island at 1450 N Courtney Pkwy, #36