• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Paper: "Saturday's game shows this rivalry..."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

we should not play this game every year  unless it's 2-1

I like it.  At least most of the time, the stadium would accommodate the crowd.  Besides, like I said in an earlier post, making GOL accept a 2 fer is the only way that the animosity would return enough to call this a rivalry.  Right now, it is hard to consider someone that you have always beaten to be a rival.  I do admit though, that was the best emotional game experience I have ever had.  Let them win one and maybe a rivalry naturally develops.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

WORST case scenario, both teams are even, and we have games like we did saturday. I fail to see ANY negatives....

How about constantly being reminded the teams in the conference play no one?  Ask WVU.  Do you think they are happy about having a govenor force them to play Marshall year after year?  While it may be difficult to replace right now, it will be impossible to replace them if they remain on the schedule.  Bigger schools don't want to play USF and look at the team the same way USF looks at UCF....just a big cycle.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

At least WVU is getting 5 out of 7 home games (after winning 2 out of first 3, which they will)...Give me that deal, and I might think about it.

Question...Why isn't GOL hounding FAU for an annual rivalry.

Why isn't he calling FAU out in paper.

Why isn't he challenging them to a duel every 5 seconds.

It is because they have nothing to gain from that.  Just as we have absolutely nothing to gain.  And people can not see that for some reason.  

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Days Won:  0

At least WVU is getting 5 out of 7 home games (after winning 2 out of first 3, which they will)...Give me that deal, and I might think about it.

Take that deal.  Just don't try to argue you have a tough schedule or that Marshall is a "worthy" opponent.  All I know is they are extremely unhappy about it.