• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  35
  • Days Won:  0

I'll remember those vehicles and that your on a cane. If I see you, I will DEFINATLY hollar at you. PLEASE have a good trip and CONGRATS on the grandchild!!!!!!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

I'll remember those vehicles and that your on a cane. If I see you, I will DEFINATLY hollar at you. PLEASE have a good trip and CONGRATS on the grandchild!!!!!!!

Born last night, 9:30 Kansas time, Sean Patrick McDermott became the newest Bull at 8 lbs. 12 oz.  He has a "Future Bulls" onsey waiting for him when he gets home.  Born to my daughter (USF '02), I will do everything in my power to make him the third generation Bull in my family!!

I have some pix, but can't figure out how to upload them here, so I will have to bring them to the game.  Look forward to seeing you and everyone else up there.  Definately will share a beer in Sean's honor!!

If I see you, I'll look at your "brag book" but will ask you to share a "coke" since I don't drink :)

Born last night, 9:30 Kansas time, Sean Patrick McDermott became the newest Bull at 8 lbs. 12 oz.  He has a "Future Bulls" onsey waiting for him when he gets home.  Born to my daughter (USF '02), I will do everything in my power to make him the third generation Bull in my family!!

I have some pix, but can't figure out how to upload them here, so I will have to bring them to the game.  Look forward to seeing you and everyone else up there.  Definately will share a beer in Sean's honor!!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  62

Who said it was Buffalo Bob's? Remember, I live in Topeka and come to Lawrence about once a week. I am not an "out of towner" :)

If you were referring to Vermont St BBQ, I like it. Another good place is Biggs BBQ. BBQ in lawrence is just another place to eat. There are so many great places other than it. That's all I'm sayin'.

Somebody mentioned Tellers, which I think is quite good and very unique. The bar is the old bank counter...hence the name Tellers. I also like The Free state Brewery. It's the best Brewpub in Kansas and the food is better than any brewpub I've ever been to. The owner also has the #1 rated Bread Bakery in the Nation according to USA Today. They have excellent lunches and deserts as well. I could go on and on...

Lawrence is a great town though. If you stay in KC, still take the time to walk around the campus and Downtown. You'll be glad you did.

thanks MR John Browns Body...staying at the Crowne Center..is Jacks Stacks far from us..also how far is gambling from there..also we are planing on attending the BBQ cook-off..map quest says it is about 17mins from the Crowne Center but the stadium is 45 mins..true or not true..again thanks for all your input Mr John Brown Body..hope to see you at the game

Crowne Center is a nice area. Of course I'm biased as my father worked for Hallmark for 30+ years. They open up the outdoor ice skating rink in the fall. I don't know if it's open yet.

There is more than one Jack Stacks, adn I couldn't tell you where any of them are. Sorry.

I don't know where the cookoff is either. If it's in Lenexa, KS, then it's about 17 mins. The Stadium is less than that depending on which way you go. If you go down I-35 to K-10 that sounds a little long. I'd add another 20-30 minutes for game traffic.

Unfortunately, I won't be at the game. I'll be watching on TV. It's my pleasure to help though.

Just remember. Since Sean Patrick was born in Kansas it'll be in-state tuition to be a Jayhawk!

Congratulations, GRAMPS!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I would gladly upload and post said pictures if you want me to.  PM me to get my email so i can upload them to my photo bucket account and show the board our latest future bull.  

I very much agree with John Brown. You will LOVE Lawrence. It is a BEAUTIFUL campus and the people are really nice. Now you MIGHT have problems with the students at the game, but you find that at every school. But the people as a whole of Lawrence are great.

Hope you all like Lawrence as much as I LOVE Tampa.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  443

all this talk on BBQ has made me sooooooo hungry for it..cant wait...thanks for the info...GOOOO BULLs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,399
  • Days Won:  10

I can't believe that I am still up four hours before I need to get up and get to the airport for Kansas!  I am so psyched at going to Kansas and seeing the Bulls beat the Jayhawks (and seeing my grandson, Sean).  I will try to get online up there and post a report after the game, even though I understand you all will be able to watch it.

I look forward to seeing John Brown's Body (ok, that sounds funny...) and Kansas.  Anyone else, stop by the handicapped parking lot and give a yell.

GO BULLS!!!