• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bianchi Whining Like a 2-Year-Old

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Waaa! Waaaa! Waaaaaa!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/columnists/orl-bianchi1706sep17,0,4766010.column?coll=orl-sports-col

Filled with the usual number of backhanded compliments and cheap shots.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

somebody call the WAAAmbulance.

And seriously, he's all over himself on the fact that he "helped" us win...

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

Guys - read it again.

I've become a Bianchi fan because of similar threads by UCF fans griping and complaining that he was a Gator lover.

The guy makes good points.  I wouldn't call out Leavitt for a little while on continuing the series - I listened to Jim's last press conference and he actually spoke up for it.  I'm not sure what more anyone wants out of him besides a John Hancock on a 100-year agreement.

Bianchi called out UCF a lot more than he did USF in that column.  Asking what to make of the defensive performance of a team with 4 former defensive coordinators is a lot more pressure than making a non-qualifier joke.  

Plus - it's clear that he was being sarcastic about being the reason USF won - as he went on to point out how bad we played.

The guy writes some good stuff.  Don't be so thin-skinned.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I read his Thursday article yesterday and will not read anything else he writes, ever.  It is not a matter of being thin skinned, it is a matter of having a minimum amount of class.  If a writer for the Tampa Tribune had published that kind of trash pertaining to UCF or any other program then I would be all over the Tribune the same way.  As someone who lives in the Orlando media market I am truly embarrassed that this paper is our leading print news source.  Luckily here in Melbourne we can get the Florida Today.

It seems clear to me, and anyone else that fairly considers the situation, UCF has far more to gain from this series.  I agree it may have some upside for USF as well, but the upside for USF is far less clear.  If UCF fans want USF administrators and boosters to support this series continuing I think they need to start behaving with a bit of class.  

From what I have heard the fan behavior at the game yesterday was a step in the right direction.  I was at the USF vs. UCF game in Tampa and the UCF fans were total jerks.  I was also at the UF vs. UCF game in Gainesville last week.  How UCF fans can come of as jerks to UF fans when you guys get beat that bad I don't know, but the UF fans certainly seemed upset with UCF fan behavior.  

Sure USF has a few fans that are jerks, but most of us will tell them to knock if off if we notice it.  I know I personally have given a few beers away to opposing team fans when some jerk USF fan crossed the line.  For me, this article, from a UCF fan, definitely crossed the line.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

Who needs all the emotion and all the commotion coming down to the final, frenetic 30 seconds with UCF on USF's 10-yard line on fourth down with a chance to win the game?

Was I the only one paying attention? UCF was not marching down the field to win the game...they were trying to tie. Why is this lost on everyone?

Also, I'm not sure where everyone was tailgating but it wasnt where I was because about 95% of the UCF fans I encountered were pricks.

Who needs all the emotion and all the commotion coming down to the final, frenetic 30 seconds with UCF on USF's 10-yard line on fourth down with a chance to win the game?

Was I the only one paying attention? UCF was not marching down the field to win the game...they were trying to tie. Why is this lost on everyone?

Well, a TD with a 2-pt conversion would have won... if GOL had the balls to go for 2...

Not to mention with OT, GOL would have picked the student end of the field, which would have been tough for the Bulls....

Besides Kyle wrote "a chance to win the game"...

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869

Guys - read it again.

I've become a Bianchi fan because of similar threads by UCF fans griping and complaining that he was a Gator lover.

The guy makes good points.  I wouldn't call out Leavitt for a little while on continuing the series - I listened to Jim's last press conference and he actually spoke up for it.  I'm not sure what more anyone wants out of him besides a John Hancock on a 100-year agreement.

Bianchi called out UCF a lot more than he did USF in that column.  Asking what to make of the defensive performance of a team with 4 former defensive coordinators is a lot more pressure than making a non-qualifier joke.  

Plus - it's clear that he was being sarcastic about being the reason USF won - as he went on to point out how bad we played.

The guy writes some good stuff.  Don't be so thin-skinned.

There are better sports writers out there.  I take offense to what he says about your UCF program ! ! !  

The stuff about USF is just the typical Bianchi rant - I even sent an e-mail thanking him. Other Orlando area Bulls fan sent e-mails to Bianchi with a different slant.  It seems to me reading the Sunday paper that the slantinel slams UCF as much as USF.  I know he digs the e-mails from everyone.  Bianchi even slams other sentinel staff.   Hopefully he will take a job with the Gainesville paper someday.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Also, I'm not sure where everyone was tailgating but it wasnt where I was because about 95% of the UCF fans I encountered were pricks.

I know what you mean. I tailgated with a friend from UCF. The group I was with was nice, but I was nervous about the other UCF people around. The worst event was when a UCF fan dressed in a kiddie knight outfit came up to me, stuck the sword in my face and screamed "F*** the Bulls, F*** YOU, GO UCF." I was actually scared for that brief moment and then it just bothered me. I was cussed at multiple times, including the ole one finger salute. I'll say again, MOST UCF FANS WEREN'T BAD, but some were just @$$-holes.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

I know what you mean. I tailgated with a friend from UCF. The group I was with was nice, but I was nervous about the other UCF people around. The worst event was when a UCF fan dressed in a kiddie knight outfit came up to me, stuck the sword in my face and screamed "F*** the Bulls, F*** YOU, GO UCF." I was actually scared for that brief moment and then it just bothered me. I was cussed at multiple times, including the ole one finger salute. I'll say again, MOST UCF FANS WEREN'T BAD, but some were just @$$-holes.

it's amazing some of the stories I am hearing from USF fans that attended the game about how bad the UCF fans were to them.  I had about 10 people in town from UF for the UT game last night and took them all around and were never treated bad at all.  Yeah, there was some friendly ribbing going on, but everyone was hanging out and buying each other drinks, nobody really threatening each other or just blatantly screaming expletives.  And that was at a REAL rivalry game...  

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Why doesn't Bianchi write about how UCF fans are animals, incredulous fans, and the rudest and I say rudest people on earth. I said numerous times good game to many UCF fans, Every one of them said F$$K you! One even made a remark at my granddaughter, (who a lot of you know wears a little USF cheergirl outfit). This moron goes and says the F you to me and says it "looks like she will be a USF whore too!" It was all I could do not to kick this punk ass kids head in. My buddy from Orlando who is a big Bulls fan had to hold me back. I mean, c'mon. Can't you Knight fans accept a loss and not go after little kids? If not, you leave not only a bad name for your school but to your credibility as human beings. Poor showing people. Also, my friends wife is in a wheel chair, and was thrown water at just because she wore a USF shirt. Real class people!!! I think it's time you learn manners. Kind of tells everyone what a great job YOUR parents did!!!   The Reaper