• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe Outstanding -- Defense Not Good!

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I'm not sure Smith really hurt you guys.  Your 2nd string back was very productive early on and is a very brusing player.

You might be right.  I was impressed with Peters...tough runner.  If we can find a way to beat USM next Tuesday night (on ESPN2 by the way), I will feel much better about this game today.

I have to say it's better to lose a well fought game vs. a blow out embarassment like last year.  The difference?  This year I didn't puke.

Good luck next week.

;D

Also ill take a tough runner over a guy who likes to dance around in the backfield every play.  Ill take a tough 3-4yds a carry rather than -3 -4 1 and 12 in the running game.  It allows your offense to be put in a lot more consistnant and better position.  However it is hard to argue this to the casual fan that will argue for anyone that will give them a highlight reel run every other game/every 2 games.  

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

This is true..  

Gators - Vols at 8 p.m.

But have to give myself props..

I had the entire Hooters at Channelside watching this game.   I was as loud as they come.

ALmost totally obnoxious.  I had the big screen sporting the bulls over Michigan and Auburn.  Everyone would come by and say "are you watching this game?"  

I would reply -- "what other game is on?"

Grothe makes me watch

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  1,241
  • Days Won:  0

I'm not sure Smith really hurt you guys.  Your 2nd string back was very productive early on and is a very brusing player.

You might be right.  I was impressed with Peters...tough runner.  If we can find a way to beat USM next Tuesday night (on ESPN2 by the way), I will feel much better about this game today.

I have to say it's better to lose a well fought game vs. a blow out embarassment like last year.  The difference?  This year I didn't puke.

Good luck next week.

;D

Also ill take a tough runner over a guy who likes to dance around in the backfield every play.  Ill take a tough 3-4yds a carry rather than -3 -4 1 and 12 in the running game.  It allows your offense to be put in a lot more consistnant and better position.  However it is hard to argue this to the casual fan that will argue for anyone that will give them a highlight reel run every other game/every 2 games.  

Ill just take a good runningback over a bad runningback, regaurdless of how they play. Just because a RB doesnt play 3 yards and a cloud of dust doesnt mean hes getting negative yards on half the plays. Every player is different. Would you prefer a guy who gets 2 yards per play no matter what, or reggie bush?

The whole power rb vs speed rb thing to me is a lot like "defense wins championships." Which is so false. Good teams win championships, just like good runningbacks get yards.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

This is true..  

I had the entire Hooters at Channelside watching this game.   I was as loud as they come.

ALmost totally obnoxious.  I had the big screen sporting the bulls over Michigan and Auburn.  Everyone would come by and say "are you watching this game?"  

I would reply -- "what other game is on?"

Grothe makes me watch

Funny

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

Your absolutely right, not having Kevin Smith had nothing to do with our loss. We could make the same arguement that USF was missing many key players. Again, USF has established its dominance in my mind now. IMHO they hadnt before. You have to beat a team more than once to dominate.

Good Game bulls. I thought it was a hell of a game and had a great time. Now I want to jump off a bridge.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

The Skyway is probably less than 120 miles away  :)

Glad to see you guys being classy about things.  I'm not sure how our fans would've reacted to a loss.

Good luck, you should do some damage again in CUSA.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Good luck next week.

;D

Ill just take a good runningback over a bad runningback, regaurdless of how they play. Just because a RB doesnt play 3 yards and a cloud of dust doesnt mean hes getting negative yards on half the plays. Every player is different. Would you prefer a guy who gets 2 yards per play no matter what, or reggie bush?

The whole power rb vs speed rb thing to me is a lot like "defense wins championships." Which is so false. Good teams win championships, just like good runningbacks get yards.

So the Ravens have a superbowl championship becaues of Trent Dilfer, and Texas one soley on Vince young last year not the ability to shut down the machine that was/is the USC Offense?  Pass that stuff homie  ;)

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Did the last-minute change in running backs throw off USF? Is Smith the same kind of bruiser back as his replacement?