• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe Outstanding -- Defense Not Good!

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

The D had a bad first half, but they certainly made up for it in the second half. UCF didn't score on our D in the second half. While I agree the run D needs to step up quickly, they made some nice adjustments in the second half.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

WE NEED A RUNNING GAME

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162
  • Days Won:  0

Can't stop run.

We moved the ball and got first downs today easier than I would have thought, especially without our best offensive player, Kevin Smith.  

The difference was Grothe.  He will be a special player over the years for you guys.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Gotta agree with you on that one.  Grothe is going to be a stud.

As bad as the reaction is going to be to this comparison on this board.  You have to look at the Gators manhandline UCF the previous week -- and USF really struggling to win this game.

We have a long way to go -- and most of the difference would be on the Defensive side of the ball.  I really thought our defense was better then this.  CJL has to realize that this will not work against Rutgers in 2 weeks.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Gotta agree with you on that one.  Grothe is going to be a stud.

As bad as the reaction is going to be to this comparison on this board.  You have to look at the Gators manhandline UCF the previous week -- and USF really struggling to win this game.

We have a long way to go -- and most of the difference would be on the Defensive side of the ball.  I really thought our defense was better then this.  CJL has to realize that this will not work against Rutgers in 2 weeks.

yup we need to blitz and be more aggressive, we have athletic and active linebackers that we dont use enough.  We Blitzed very rarely on running downs which is not the thing to do with a quick and undersized defense. If you have quick and undersized athletes you need to give them a running start over bigger stronger opponents.  

Guest BasketBull.

say, ari, shouldn't you be getting ready to watch your gators?

USF D showed up in the second 1/2 and we won. That's all that matters.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

I'm not sure Smith really hurt you guys.  Your 2nd string back was very productive early on and is a very brusing player.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

I'm not sure Smith really hurt you guys.  Your 2nd string back was very productive early on and is a very brusing player.

You might be right.  I was impressed with Peters...tough runner.  If we can find a way to beat USM next Tuesday night (on ESPN2 by the way), I will feel much better about this game today.

I have to say it's better to lose a well fought game vs. a blow out embarassment like last year.  The difference?  This year I didn't puke.

Good luck next week.