• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ramifications if usf loses to ftu/oc/ou

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Ramifications ?  Only be very disappointing and would put serious question marks about the rest of the season.  Already there is much concern after our first two games.  We don't look good this year so far.  If a bowl game is in our future a loss this week would really hurt.  UCF wants to be in a BCS conference and being able to make USF a rival and win a couple would help their resume.  Plus after all the crap we have to listen to from the Orlando fans and their press a loss would be hard to swallow.  UCF win = we are as good as USF and should be in a BCS conference.  USF win = beating another Non-BCS team which is the norm.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  254

I am very confused related to KnightsNo1.  Under his moniker he has UCF Knight, a starfish and then Go Bulls.   Are you a UCF fan, Bulls fan or fan of whoever wins?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

UCF's LBs are slow, slow slow.  If our RB's get past the line, major yardage awaits.

great scouting

i will look forward to this

how can a florida school have slow lbs?

i hear even the custodians at florida highschools have speed! ;D

USF is not clear cut #4 like half of you think. Perception is reality. The local rags, experts, etc would say that neither team is. In fact, with the lack of press and bad press USF gets I wouldnt make such strong statements.

PS UCF was listen in the AP poll behind FSU last year at around #30, USF was not.

You guys are funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnny

if usf isnt #4 who is?

usf is in big east and usf embarassed ftu/ou/oc last year on the field!

some might call last year's game a gang ****

USF is not clear cut #4 like half of you think. Perception is reality. The local rags, experts, etc would say that neither team is. In fact, with the lack of press and bad press USF gets I wouldnt make such strong statements.

PS UCF was listen in the AP poll behind FSU last year at around #30, USF was not.

take it from an old soul

dont fight city hall and respect bulliever's wishes

i think most would agree a head to head meeting matters a bit more than some poll

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

I am very confused related to KnightsNo1.  Under his moniker he has UCF Knight, a starfish and then Go Bulls.   Are you a UCF fan, Bulls fan or fan of whoever wins?

Sorry BowlBoundBulls,

I guess it must be a default and Im not the type of guy to pay too much attention to that stuff. I am a knights fan, but I wont make any claims or take away from what USF has accomplished. I was born/raised around Tampa so I follow USF too. I just went to UCF for college. Anyhow, my opinion is that some of you dont recognize the situation for what it is and try and play down UCF.

Not a good idea as this school is on the up and up just like the bulls. Each has its accolades and shortcomings. Some of you think there is not a chink (sp) in your armor, lol.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

Hey Smazza,

You have a point. I would have to concede that USF has the better team until proven otherwise ON the field. However, from general perceptions I dont think there is a distinction made as the #1 step-child in Florida. In addition, the UCF team you played last year was the remenence of a debacle that started with something similar to what USF is going through right now. If I were you, I would be realistic and realize that the same thing can happen at USF. Lets break it down.

USF

Short History, Great Stides

BCS Status

Used superior strategy of playing lesser teams to build and then beating several marquee programs.

Not many starters in NFL

name recognition average

Defeated UL and Pitt

No OCS

Poor revenue streams

Small Fan Base

Average Facilities

Average Academics

Lower Football Academics Standings

Less Publicity

BEAT UCF

UCF

Long History

Scheduled Marquee programs and constantly got beat down except for the Daunte Days.

~dozen starters in NFL

Name recognition average

Never defeated ranked team

OCS

Larger Fan Base

Better Revenue streams as of 07

Excellent facilites

Average Academics

Higher Football Acad. Standards

More Publicity

LOSS TO USF

I would say the programs both have their advantages. You may disagree with my analysis and I appreciate your opinion. However, I think there is no #4, just 3 and the rest. USF being #4 is a figment of your imagination along with the rest of the fans on this board. Until it is received by the media and the state of Florida it really means nothing does it?

• Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  459

Ramifications? -- I have a picture that sums it up.   ;)

387500.jpg

Okay, what are the ramifications if we win?

We get all excited?

Nope, just another day at the office.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Coach Leavitt is being REALLY short-sighted here dismissing the UCF rivalry.  Everyone but him and the fans who think he's right no matter what he says knows this has already begun to develop into a natural rivalry.  Even our players, for crying out loud!  If anyone should be able to give you a true gauge, would it not be the players?!?!

What a shame.  We'd rather pursue such tittilating games as Buffalo and Western Kentucky!!  Woooooooo-hoooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

>:(

I don't think Leavitt is always right...in fact I have been critical over many decisions. On THIS I think he is absolutely right however.

If everyone aside from the few you mentioned felt this was so into this rivalry I doubt we'd be sending back over half of the mere 5,000 tix we were alloted.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So that million dollar facility we built a couple years back is only average  ::)  take of your gold and black goggles.....