• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greek Idiot!

Guest R_to_the_izzo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know how many times I've seen posts ******** about the greeks not having any school spirit. People have been complainng that they don't organize for for games and even go as far as to say they should be required to do so.....and now that they actually DO organize for a game everyone is ******** about it.  :o

Just curious but are the Greeks showing this interest for home games this year, too?

Yea they were there with their  cool shirts that say "Meat n Potatoes" on the back and some weird letters on the front, instead of wearing usf shirts.  Complete herbs.  

Get some confidence and a clue so next time you go somewhere new you wont have to pay for your group of friends.  

Herman - president of the GDI's  (God **** independents)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

I don't know how many times I've seen posts ******** about the greeks not having any school spirit. People have been complainng that they don't organize for for games and even go as far as to say they should be required to do so.....and now that they actually DO organize for a game everyone is ******** about it.  :o

Just curious but are the Greeks showing this interest for home games this year, too?

got me, I was never a greek while in school but I thought it was interesting that they are damned if they do damned if they don't

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

scalping?

the game isnt going to be a sell out is it?

why would they allow one guy to buy so many tix? stupid

on the other hand if ther eis no sell out he cant scalp them so what is the deal?

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

scalping?

the game isnt going to be a sell out is it?

why would they allow one guy to buy so many tix? stupid

on the other hand if ther eis no sell out he cant scalp them so what is the deal?

If by scalp you mean sell them for higher than the face value (~$30) I would agree with you, but he can still sell them for higher than he paid for them ($5).  Just because the box office is still selling tickets for $30 doesn't mean he can't sell his for $15, thus making $10 per ticket.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4

I think the point has been missed here.... I stood in line for nearly 2 hours to get a ticket today, only to get to the ticket counter and be told that they had just sold out of the tickets.  I inteded to buy 1 ticket. 1. i didn't have a chance to buy a ticket because SG allowed someone to play the system, and whether he gives these tickets to his fellow greeks or scalps them he has played the system.  The most insulting part of this is that he played it completely within the rules.  SG couldn't figure out to put a cap on the number of tickets a person could buy even after he had bought his 100+ the day before.  believe me, i'm angry at this guy, but i'm much more dissappointed and pissed off at Student Government for letting this happen.  

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Well, it turns out were all lucky to get tickets in the first place. Some one in SG wanted to only give the tickets to student organizations (IE: greeks), this is of course a violation, as they were using all students money and were attempting to limit it to only certain students.

More and more facts are comming out that are leaving the SG body in bad light. It's a real let down to find out that were playing favorites at this level.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

It was never an option to just sell the tickets to greeks. I worked on this. The thing that was discussed was giving only student organizations the chance to get the free vouchers for the UCF game at the tailgate for the McNesse State game. i brought it to Frank Kearny attention that new students would not benefit because they may not be in organizations just yet.

SG BOUGHT THESE TICKETS WITH THE INTENTION OF DRUMING UP STUDENT SUPPORT..... IMO they did well.....SG did not have to fund this project

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Then some of my sources in the school might have mistold the story or were misinformed themself. The Oracle is looking into it, so the whole story should come out in the next couple of days.

I never once said it didn't hype up the game, I just don't agree with them not putting a cap on the tickets. Greek or otherwise (he just happened to be greek, thus the title of the thread).

EDIT: I feel they are still right, so I put might instead of making it fact. I don't discount your story flsports, but I think your defending your orginization that you are part of.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

SG should have but a limit on the tickets per person.  They messed up and people took advantage of their error, dont blame the greeks or the dude that bought the ticket blame the people who werent smart enough to make sure the tickets were dispersed equally among the student body.  

• Topic Count:  89
  • Content Count:  880

Yea they were there with their  cool shirts that say "Meat n Potatoes" on the back and some weird letters on the front, instead of wearing usf shirts.  Complete herbs.  

Get some confidence and a clue so next time you go somewhere new you wont have to pay for your group of friends.  

Herman - president of the GDI's  (God **** independents)

Greeks Rule!

Funny how ten years after graduation some of my closest friends are the ones I "paid" for.  Get a clue GDI!