• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

i just got home

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545
  • Days Won:  0

It was not pretty but it was a win.  As everyone in the locker room said afterwards it was a wake-up call.  This is the type of win that you can build momentum from as well.  Anytime you come from behind and win a game it is something to build on.  I bullieve Leavitt gets this team focused this week and we go over to Orlando focused and ready to play what I bullieve will be a tough game.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Thanks to Smazza for helping me get the right link to watch the second half (the little one forced us ot leave @ the half)

I just keep telling myself that FSU had a hard time with Troy so I dont read to much into us having a hard time with FIU. it was just an off day for the schools with the letters U    S   F.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

McNeese should have been a wake up call.

I just think we lack depth at key positions, mixed in with new coaches, suspensions, and no Andre Hall.

As for FSU they had three practices to prepare for Troy and a short week, top that with the fact that they too. FSU beat Miami @ Miami 5 days earlier in a very strenuous game. If FSU had struggled against 2 "cupcakes" I might buy teh example, but they beat a top 25 team a week earlier.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

^^^ they played Troy.

Their coaching staff has been in this situation before.  It was a weekend for the underdogs... just look at all the scores around the nation.

Sorry, but I'm not buying the whole short week.  This is FSU.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Yes, but they just beat a top 15 team, I don't think it's a good comparision.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Yes, but they just beat a top 15 team, I don't think it's a good comparision.

But is Miami a Top 15 program?

We'll find out next weekend when they play UL.

If UL wins... then UM and FSU are sliding and UF is #1 in the state... period.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

well we can still go 10-0 but I have my doubts. I had those same doubts before the season started though so no big deal there.

As far as this game goes, I think we severely underestimated FIU as a team. They've got some great skill players-- their QB was one cool customer. They did get alot of breaks and we sure didn't help ourselves.

Someone on the sideline made the comment that this was the mirror image of last years Louisville game, with the exception that we somehow found a way to prevail. Not a bad assessment.

One thing I do know for certain is that Grothe can flat out ball. He may not be the best at every thing and he is definitely subject to some Freshman type mistakes. But I saw him duck would be tacklers left and right. The photos I'm sending Brad at the moment have a couple of series that show his elusive ability with a defender in his face.

I think we are missing those guys who are out right now-- not a knock on their substitutes but I see Josh Julmiste as giving us a ton more pressure on the QB and being able to cover the corner a little better. It's a good thing bad thing type of situation-- these younger guys are getting some valuable experience while they're out. Ponton, Plancher-- those guys would be great to have back. Again-- not a knock on Walt Smith or Benjamin Williams et al-- just think they have a better burst to offer. ANd more fresh legs in the backfield is never a bad thing.

We're 2-0-- where we expected to be after these two games. It's far from how we expected the games themselves to play out-- BUT-- the wins are wins and nobody else is going to care how we got em come November.

Now let's go take care of business in the Citrus Bowl

i wish i had you outlook but i dont

we didnt underestimate fiu.we played down to their subelt barely 1a level.

our players didnt play up to their big east bcs level

usf got a break when fiu didnt  put a field goal on board and went for it on fourht down.and ol ball coach once tsaid too me"stevie my boy,you always take the points"

without a running game,usf will lose games they otherwise would have won

why we arent 4 deep a rb is a friggin mystery.

walkons?  we shouldnt have one walkon at rb position.it is too important a position. wqe only play with one rb at a time.

the discipline problems and bonehead plays keep on coming

our dbs are overated

our lbs save the day

our line play on bothsides of the ball suck

we should have pushed fiu all over the field

"

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Grothe seems to be the type of player who does what it takes to win.  He made some mistakes, but in the end he got the job done.

If he can learn from those mistakes and improve we'll be sitting pretty for the next four years at the QB position.

I wish we had Randolph returning punts for more than this year.  That kid is amazing.

True, how true.

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

why we arent 4 deep a rb is a friggin mystery.

Plancher is hurt and Ponton is suspended. Having either of those 2 in there last night would have been very helpful.  We had one drive where we ran the ball well and that was about it. There certainly needs to be more consistentcy. Williams' 20 yard run on 4th and 14 was nice, so hopefully we have something to build on.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

you dont see ul crying about bush

\

they just plug in other running backs that perform

usf needs guys to step up or step out

i dont want to hear about plancher and ponton.they have been gone.oher guys need to get it done

what a great opportunity for the other rbs

seize the moment