• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Playcalling....and coaching.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ya,

I mean walkon running backs usually make the best players...and Olines that can't hold up are usually fun to play with. I didn't get to see the pick 6 Grothe threw because my net went down. However, I heard he check off to the pass and telegraphed it.

Does that mean he's bad? No. It means he's inexpirienced and has to learn from it. I think he'll be a great QB in the long run.

Grothe will be good, but you can only expect so much out of this offense with what we have right now...

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Offensive Coordinators only get noticed when the team is losing.  Anyone who knows football understands that there is a need to run up the gut every series to keep a defense honest.  Trick plays don't make for a good OC.  The wins you get when you are bland on offense tells you more.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Why do people still think we can use Grothe as a drop back, pocket passing QB?  We run the spread offense.  Grothe is a spread QB.  That means we spread the field with four and sometimes five receivers and the Qb sometimes runs by design, sometimes throws and sometimes runs the option.  I don't understand why people think we run a pro-style 2 back set.

Before we jump to any final conclusions of the season, let's actually wait to see what happens when we have a cohesive offensive line.  So far I think we are still trying to figure out what combination is going to be the regular starters on the OL.

Look, without a couple of penalties on returns, we completely dominate this game and we are talking about Randolph as an emerging star.  If we were getting our brains beat in on defense and we were not moving the ball at all then I would be very concerned.  In both of these games our weaknesses were giving points away.  When was the last time anyone ever saw a penalty on the return team as the returner enters the end zone.  It was a rare error.  It's not panic time yet guys.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

WE ALWAYS LOOK OUT OF SYNC

WE ARE NEVER IN RYTHEM

OUR OFFENSE NEVER LOOKS CONSISTENTLY COMFORTABLE OUT THERE

I dont think anyone out there can disagree with smazza there. I cant think of a better way to say it.

unfortunately I have to agree with this as well. For those saying that the criticism is comming from people who haven't watched football long enough, well the problem is that we have actually been watching this offense too long. RS failed miserably at developing QBs and was rewarded with the OC position (biggest blunder in our program's history IMO) and he is failing miserably at running this offense. For the past 4 years I hope to see THE week that things will click, that my opinion of the offensive coaches will be proved wrong and I will see what Leavitt see's to justify keeping this staff around. Instead it is week after week, year after year of exactly what smazza described.

Back to Shoops running comment, what the hell are we doing bringing back that awefull handoff/collision from the shotgun that NEVER EVER EVER worked for us? It's a joke, and as long as that is our approach I hope that MG will be the only one running the ball for us.

Offensive Coordinators only get noticed when the team is losing.  Anyone who knows football understands that there is a need to run up the gut every series to keep a defense honest.  Trick plays don't make for a good OC.  The wins you get when you are bland on offense tells you more.

Wrong, cordinators get noticed all the time when the teams are winning....generally they end up the next head coach somewhere. How many offers do you thing RS will be getting?

Do people say the same thing about Pat White??  Don't run the ball Pat.  Gimme a break.  Its the same system people.........

Your kidding right? Same system? that's a joke. Just because they are the same "intended" system does not mean they are in fact the same system. Comparing the systems you'll find one well coached spread system and one that at best can be called inept. Same system, yeah right.

Man I'm so pissed watching this same ineptitude with no apparent fix anywhere in sight. All I can think of is Clint Eastwood's line in Heartbreak Ridge when he called the excersize a "clusterf--k" Our offense is just one big "clusterf--k"

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

norv turner

romeo crennel

mike martz are a few OC's that have distinguished themselves

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

My problem is this. Since when in D 1 football do players call the plays? Before the last TD, T Rob tells the OC to call his play because he is open against the coverage. Isn't that the job of the OC to see if plays are open against teams? Isn't it the job of the OC and his staff to watch for coverage, to see what areas are open? If he continues to run Grothe against some of the Big Boys, he is going to be hurt and then where will we be. Grothe is not a full time RB, he is our QB!!! Sorry Rod, but you have got to change it up and be aware of what is happening. If your staff can't do it,  SEE YA!

and it will be a bad injury