• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ugly win still = win?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

I don't think Gachette had one big play, but when he got out on the field the tone in the secondary changed.  It was that point when we finally started being able to shut #1 down.

I like Gachette.  He's a spark plug back there.

I agree totally. I'd rather have him out there than Verpaele.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38
  • Days Won:  0

USF had a great kicker with a year behind Gramatica and earned the position the next year...Kyle Bronson was promised a scholie if he earned the position,,.Leavitts reniged on the scholie after the Bowl  game...Bronson requested his release and was given a full deal with Texas State..I guess Leavitt felt like he could not have 3 kickers on scholie..His loss and Texas State win, win, win.....

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  38

Whats the deal with Justin Teachey??? He can kick field goals...Why not give him an opportunity???  He has the strongest leg on the team right now....

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think Gachette had one big play, but when he got out on the field the tone in the secondary changed.  It was that point when we finally started being able to shut #1 down.

I like Gachette.  He's a spark plug back there.

I agree totally. I'd rather have him out there than Verpaele.

The kid's just really focused out there, and he's not afraid to lay the wood, which is what our secondary was lacking all last night in my opinion.

He just has played more aggressively this year than the rest of our backs, in my opinion.  That's contagious, I think.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

Good teams find a way to win these kinds of games.  Hey if we hadn't had 3 td's called back because of stupid penalties this game easily could have been 42-13 and no one would say anything bad.  Every time we had a score called back, it deflated the team.  

This is a YOUNG team, we need time to correct the dumb penalties and turnovers.  Even Grothe looked like what he is YOUNG.  Give it time, Leavitt will have these kids focused.

Ya'll should be more pissed that our fans started leaving long before the game was over.  Not that we won a close game to a good opponent that played their hearts out.  

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188

I'm with you Twilly.  I was so pissed when half way through the fourth quarter some of the fans started to leave.  We have several new starters on both the O line and D line.  All good football starts with t he line.  Once the lines mature as a unit I think the team will get better in a hurry.  As far as the playing calling, i agree that it was boring and predictable.  Some of the play calling is probably a direct result of starting a redshirt Freshman.  He is young and will makes some mistakes and the coaching staff doesn't want to overwhelm him early.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Too many penalties, not enough coaching, just enough luck and talent.  

Offensive playcalling was...well, it sucked.  That second TD we got should have been stopped in the backfield. 90% of our plays were runs up the middle, runs by Grothe, or a screen pass to a WR.

Defense didn't do a good job.  They did hold FIU to 7, but we were getting burned on the corners all night.  Makes those rankings by CFN look like a joke.

Special teams made a ton of mistakes, the punt return by FIU was ridiculous.  Ean Randolph was a beast though.

The next 2 games are huge...both are very winnable games.  If we go 0-2, might as well give up hope for a bowl game.

Great recap!

I don't care how they get it done, as long as it's a Win.  Although I would much rather prefer a win that's not going to give me a cardiac condition anytime soon.