• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Leavitt Sending the Wrong Message

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  348
  • Days Won:  0

I hate to say I told you so, but I've been saying for 2 years Jim isn't god and isn't the right person for our head coach.

And every time I've said that to somebody I get the same answer, "But look what he has done for the program!!"  Yes we've moved to 1-A, yes we are in a BCS conference, yes we've got a new athletics complex, but thats not just because of Leavitt's doing.  

His on the field antics and demeanor are not what I'd expect from a million a year head football coach.  We've all aired our displeasure about the media availablitiy as of late.  Out recruiting (or both players and assitant coaches) could be better.  His "loyalty" to a certain player because he's a senior over the better performing player is reminisant of Pee-Wee football, not NCAA football.  

I'm not saying Leavitt is horrible and has to go, but I get tired of some people talking him up like he's a god.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,737
  • Days Won:  425

I hate to say I told you so, but I've been saying for 2 years Jim isn't god and isn't the right person for our head coach.......

I'm not saying Leavitt is horrible and has to go,

He's not the right person for our head coach but you want him to stay .......... Got it.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

In this business, he has a right to be paranoid.  Not over what his players do or what the media says, but for his freakin' job.  Nothing is sacred these days.  People are out there who have been calling for fulmer, lloyd carr, mack brown (before the NC), and (gasp) joepa's heads.  Fulmer has been coach at tennesee long enough so that he proven he can and does field good teams.  It took 1 win over cal to make people believe.  What if he lost?

Same question for leavitt.  What if he loses?  He can't afford to.  No coach can anymore, except maybe joepa and bowden.  If mack brown goes .500 for the next 2 years, everyone would start blathering about how vince young was the one that won the NC, and it had nothing to do with brown.

It might be garbage, but it's still reality.  Winning isnt everything...but without it, nothing else matters.  At least, not for job security.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

I'm sure whiny columns like that will do wonders to make CJL change his ways .........  ;)

Interesting fact, though. With all the supposed media blackout this week, the USF-MSU game drew a 3.9 local TV share share compared a 4.3 the GT-ND game. That's pretty impressive to me considering it was a home game.

Triple B, could you give us the link?  I heard a lot of ND fans whining about how the local ABC station was just going to lose a lot of money by showing USF (the home team) instead of the almighty Irish.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

In this business, he has a right to be paranoid.  Not over what his players do or what the media says, but for his freakin' job.  Nothing is sacred these days.  People are out there who have been calling for fulmer, lloyd carr, mack brown (before the NC), and (gasp) joepa's heads.  Fulmer has been coach at tennesee long enough so that he proven he can and does field good teams.  It took 1 win over cal to make people believe.  What if he lost?

Same question for leavitt.  What if he loses?  He can't afford to.  No coach can anymore, except maybe joepa and bowden.  If mack brown goes .500 for the next 2 years, everyone would start blathering about how vince young was the one that won the NC, and it had nothing to do with brown.

It might be garbage, but it's still reality.  Winning isnt everything...but without it, nothing else matters.  At least, not for job security.

Difference,

I'd say Leavitt's job security is MUCH better than any of those coaches. Not only are the job expectations much lower, the school cannot afford to buy out his contract.

If he loses for a few seasons we could hear some noise. This however is not Tennessee or Miami where anything less than 9-3 will get the coach canned this year.

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Interesting fact, though. With all the supposed media blackout this week, the USF-MSU game drew a 3.9 local TV share share compared a 4.3 the GT-ND game. That's pretty impressive to me considering it was a home game.

Hey, I bet if they break down the numbers, the USF game would have a higher share among non-Catholics!  :D

I'm sure whiny columns like that will do wonders to make CJL change his ways .........  ;)

Triple B, could you give us the link?  I heard a lot of ND fans whining about how the local ABC station was just going to lose a lot of money by showing USF (the home team) instead of the almighty Irish.

I saw it in the print version of the two papers but I'll try to find it online ...

RATINGS WATCH

WFLA-Ch. 28 probably did the right thing in leaving the USF-McNeese State game on its station while shifting ABC's Saturday night game of the week to WMOR-Ch. 32. But the station easily could have justified doing it the other way. The 8 p.m. Notre Dame-Georgia Tech game that marked the premiere of ABC's Saturday Night Football drew a 4.3 rating on Ch. 32, while the 7 p.m. USF game earned a 3.9.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/09/08/Sports/Remote_patrol.shtml

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  348

I hate to say I told you so, but I've been saying for 2 years Jim isn't god and isn't the right person for our head coach.......

I'm not saying Leavitt is horrible and has to go,

He's not the right person for our head coach but you want him to stay .......... Got it.

I never said I wanted him to stay.  I personally dont like him as a coach and think we could find someone who could bring in stronger players, produce more victories, and put more discipline into our players.  He's definately not the worst guy in the world, just that we can do better.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

YOU CANT STUPIDER THAN THAT

Well....maybe you can BE stupider than that! ;)

nah-leavitt started pj when he had grothee

leavitt beats me